Your weekly roundup :: August 20 – 24
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
4word founder Diane Paddison has found herself in many leadership roles throughout her career and life. Here are five traits she has discovered make women leaders others want to follow.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
4word’s network of gifted mentors cultivate authentic, Christ-like relationships to provide wisdom and direction for our global community. They’ve navigated work-life balance, singleness, marital conflict, infertility, and inter-office politics. Now they want to walk alongside you. Learn more.
Our work, love, pray favorites
InitiativeOne explores seven key traits all truly inspirational leaders possess, and lists six shining examples of impactful female leaders exhibiting these traits.
Relevant Magazine highlights recent findings in an Ohio State University study that suggests hostility in marriage can make you physically ill.
Ed Stetzer writes for The Exchange on Christianity Today and explains why he believes anyone planning to go into ministry should start their academic journey at a liberal arts school, not seminary.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Sandy Olsson!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Charlotte – Monthly Luncheon – August 30 @ 11:45AM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley Monthly Gathering – September 4 @ 5:30PM
- Seattle – Monthly Gathering – September 6 @ TBD
- Southlake – September Luncheon – September 11 @ noon
- Portland – September Luncheon – September 13 @ noon
- San Diego – Gathering – September 14 @ 11:30AM
- Southlake – Yoga Pants and Coffee Hour – September 15 @ 9:00AM
- San Antonio – Monthly Gathering – September 18 @ 11:45AM
- Tulsa – Monthly Luncheon and Sister Conversations – September 18 @ noon
- Austin – Lake Travis Small Group – Septmeber 18 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – North After-Work Meetup – September 18 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – South After-Work Meetup – September 19 @ TBD
- Colorado Springs – September Gathering – September 20 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – “Write Your Story” event – September 20 @ 6:00PM
- Southlake – Fall Quarterly Event – September 20 @ 6:30PM
- Phoenix – Giving Day – September 20 @ noon
- Austin – North Small Group – September 20 @ 11:45AM
- Chicago – September Luncheon – September 21 @ TBD
- Springfield – September Gathering – September 26 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – September Meet-Up Monday – September 26 @ 6:00PM
- Charlotte – Monthly Luncheon – September 27 @ 11:45AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!