4word is the only global organization for Christian women in the workplace led by women.
4word leads, connects and supports women in the workplace to help them achieve their God-given potential with confidence. 4word achieves this mission through 4word’s Digital Community, 4word Local Groups and the 4word Mentor Program.
Ready to join our growing global community of Christian women in the workplace?
- Find a 4word Local Group near you or start a Local Group in your city
- Join the 4word Mentor Program and get a Christian mentor to walk alongside you in your career and faith
- Follow our weekly blogs and like 4word on Facebook
- Become a 4word Member Insider and get access to exclusive members-only perks
- Read 4word’s position statement on gender equity and safety in the workplace.
Why 4word Matters
- 71% of women with children under 18 years old are working outside the home. Unlike any other generation, the majority of women are now seeking to balance careers with the demands of relationships, families, and communities.
- Of 1,003 families polled by Pew Research, 74% reported that women’s increased presence in the workforce has made it harder for parents to raise children. 50% stated that it makes it harder for marriages to be successful. –Washington Post Report
- 84% of Christians ages 18-29 acknowledged they had no idea how the Bible applies to their field or professional interests. – Barna Research Group. Top Trends of 2011, December 2011.
4word connects women to others who are walking the same journey. Relationships are fostered locally in 4word Local Groups across the U.S., in active online communities with a global reach, and through the 4word Mentor Program, connecting one mentee to one mentor.
Connect women to others who are walking the same journey.
Lead professional Christian women, affirming their work as vocation.
Support with practical professional and spiritual resources for women in every life stage.
Work, Love, Pray by 4word founder Diane Paddison cast the vision. 4word is the leading voice for professional Christian women, authoring digital content and workplace columns and speaking to faith-based and business audiences through conferences, radio, television, and webinars.
Whether married, single, with children or without, careers just beginning or well established, 4word can support you wherever you are in life.
We believe the professional woman will be a better worker, friend, wife, and mother if she is grounded in her faith, supported in her roles at every life stage, and engaged in an authentic community with other women.
“4word’s been a safe place to build strong relationships with women, and to talk about faith, family, and long-term growth.”megan, portland
Who Are 4word Women?
Though professional Christian women share similar values, aspirations, and challenges, the resources they need are enormously different depending on their career stage and marital status.
Single women in their twenties, thirties, and forties often find their careers creep into leisure time and throw life off balance. While the freedom to devote long hours can accelerate a career, access to the wisdom of women mentors and peers who share their values can establish a healthy perspective on priorities for a lifetime.
Working mothers who love their jobs struggle with debilitating guilt at home and work. Their overbooked calendars can isolate them from their own peers, when precious encouragement from someone who relates could refresh their weary souls. Many working moms leave church when ministries don’t align with the demands of a full-time job and child care.
And godly women well into their careers, ready to explore a new professional challenge or to mentor the younger women around them, have a wealth of wisdom to share and only lack connection to the women who are hungry for leadership.
The women we meet through 4word share a desire to use their God-given gifts and experience in a professional setting but need very different resources if single, married, or moms; just starting their careers, or decades in.
God has a call on your life, and I know the power of faith and values in the business world. Whoever you are, whatever your work, God places you with purpose. Your skills, talent, and knowledge are his. So is your career. Balance can seem daunting, and it compels our dependence on him.diane paddison, work, love, pray
That’s why women in 4word Local Groups across the U.S. connect not just in monthly “lunch and learns” on a weekday, but also over Saturday coffee, in evening Bible or book studies, and after-work events around their work and personal schedules.
By building friendships outside their usual industry circles, we find that women from 25 to beyond 65 are becoming equally engaged in every Local Group, forming rewarding relationships with the help of 4word staff and communication tools.