Your weekly roundup :: March 4 – 8
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
“Work-life balance” seems like it should be the unofficial mascot of women in the workplace. Right? It’s easily one of the top three issues women (and men — let’s not leave them out of this!) bring to the table when discussing hurdles holding us back from reaching our full potential. So is it all a myth? Or are we maybe keeping ourselves from attaining it?
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Overworked, overstressed, and over it? It’s time to let boundaries into your life. Dr. Mollie Bond, the Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations for Moody Bible Institute, shares her tips for creating and protecting space in your life at work, in your personal life, and within your church community. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Art Langer with Business.com helps you kickstart your International Women’s Day celebrations with three activity options.
Nancy De Gennaro with Daily News Journal interviews couples to see what has helped them stand the test of time.
Carley Marcoullier with Relevant Magazine dives deep into harmful mental health myths Christians come up against, and offers advice on how to get past them.
Watch Diane Paddison and Susan Packard’s interview on Good Morning Texas!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- San Diego – March Luncheon – March 8 @ 11:30AM
- Milwaukee – Metro Milwaukee March Gathering – March 9 @ 9:30AM
- Phoenix – Get Out and Hike! – March 9 @ 8:00AM
- Baltimore – Kick Off Celebration! – March 11 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Chester County March Gathering – March 11 @ 6:00PM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley March Gathering – March 12 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – March Power Breakfast – March 12 @ 7:00AM
- Colorado Springs – March Business Owners Breakfast – March 12 @ 8:00AM
- Southlake – March Lunch – March 12 @ noon
- Austin – Lago Vista Small group – March 13 @ TBD
- Philadelphia – Midtown/Market East Gathering – March 13 @ 6:00PM
- Detroit – March Gathering – March 14 @ 6:00PM
- Phoenix – March Lunch Gathering – March 14 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago – March Luncheon – March 15 @ noon
- Chicago/Willow Creek – “Work, Love, Pray” Leadership Series – March 16 @ 9:00AM
- Southlake – Coffee and Yoga Pant Meetup – March 16 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Lakeway/Bee Cave Gathering – March 19 @ TBD
- New York City – March Gathering – March 19 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – March Luncheon – March 19 @ 11:45AM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District – March 20 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Gathering – March 21 @ TBD
- Colorado Springs – March Happy Hour – March 21 @ 4:30PM
- Springfield – March Gathering – March 26 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago/Willow Creek – “Work, Love, Pray” Leadership Series – March 30 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!