Happy Friday, 4word friends, and welcome to fall! As you head into your weekend, take some time to check out our favorite articles, video, and pin from the week, as well as the Team Monthly Favorites for September!
GUIDE TO NEGOTIATING: Speaker, author, and female sports agent Molly Fletcher released a new book titled A Winner’s Guide to Negotiating: How Conversation Gets Deals Done. The book details how to get the most out of every negotiation with a surprisingly simple first step. Also, Molly is donating 100% of her books royalties to Boys & Girls Clubs of America during the week of September 19-27, so be sure to order your copy today!
TIME AND ENERGY USAGE: May Busch delivers another powerful lesson, this time concerning how to make the most out of the time and energy you use up every day, and includes a helpful graphic to guide you to make better choices about your daily schedule!
HAVE MORE FUN!: Allison Vesterfelt shares her advice for facing the tough parts in life, and her solution is simple: try to have fun!
WHO IS ISIS?: Q Ideas answers the popular question among not just Christians but also Americans about who ISIS is, and how we should be responding to them.
Video of the Week
DNews investigates why Starbucks’ most popular drink in its history, the pumpkin spice latte, has become such a runaway hit, and there are actually some scientific insights into the phenomena!
- TV’s Mighty Women – Alessandra Stanley writes on The New York Times about the increase in powerful female characters on television, and the resulting impact it’s having.
- Why Does A Wife Withdraw From Her Husband? – Dr. Emerson Eggerichs with Love and Respect discusses why wives will sometimes withdraw from arguments before their husbands will, and what husbands can learn from their spouses’ responses.
- What Does The Bible Really Say About Alcohol? – Preston Sprinkle writes on Relevant Magazine analyzes common misconceptions about the Bible’s opinion of alcohol and details how Christians should respond to each.
Team Monthly Favorites
Jordan Johnstone, Editor
Favorite: Posh Coloring Books
Yes, these are coloring books, but if you are a creative mind or someone who finds themselves stressed a lot, might I suggest these for therapy? The designs inside promote calming and focusing effects on your brain, and the end results are stunning pictures!
Sandra Crawford Williamson, COO
Favorite: B&H Kids Augmented Reality Bible
My new favorite this month is the awesome B&H Kids Augmented Reality Bible … my little ones LOVE it. It brings the Bible to life, using technology that engages them in a fun, cool way.
Diane Paddison, Founder
My husband, Chris, was an early adopter about 10 years ago and I thought these shoes were really ugly. Now I am sold on Keens. The shoes are comfortable, versatile, and protective for active, athletic people.
Avery Dale, Editor & Project Coordinator
Favorite: Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm
These are the perfect everyday lip color/balm combo and come in a wide array of colors! I’m currently loving Chunky Cherry!
Katie Reiff, 4word Director of Local Groups & Development
Favorite: Burts Bees Chapstick
I’m traveling in airports a lot, which means I need items on me that are a quick but effective while I’m on the road. Burts Bees Chapstick is my fav because it truly moisturizes my lips, and smells like Peppermint.
4word Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Portland – October Luncheon – October 2 @ 11:45AM
- Dallas – Lunchtime Round Table Discussion – October 13 @ noon
- Seattle – Morning Coffee Gathering – October 18 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – Lunch Out – November 10 @ noon
- Phoenix – Christmas Luncheon – December 2 @ 11:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
A Pinterest Find
Is there anything better than an apple pie in fall? We argue yes, and that something better is a salted caramel apple pie. Is your mouth watering yet?
Want “Friday Faves” sent directly to your inbox every week? Click the button below to sign up!