What You Missed
How often do we want something that we don’t have? 4word COO Sandra Crawford Williamson opens up about the danger of self-sufficiency.
This week we spoke with Jennifer Howell Spaulding, a 4word woman who lived with a deep unmet desire for a life partner for many years. Jennifer’s story is one of faith and courage that will not only inspire you, but also provide you with some practical truths for your current “relationship status.”
Goodsnitch is an app that allows you to honor the heroes and achievers in your life with just a few taps! By partnering with 4word, Goodsnitch will automatically donate $1 to 4word for every app downloaded with 4word as the affiliation. Getting started is simple. Just click one of the buttons on the right to download the Goodsnitch app to your Apple or Android device, select 4word from the drop-down menu in the Affiliation field of your profile, and you’re all set!
To learn more about Goodsnitch, watch the video below and share Goodsnitch with your friends and family!
- Deloitte names first female CEO – Fortune Magazine announces the naming of the first female global CEO: Cathy Engelbert with Deloitte.
- 20 Things I Want My Daughters to Understand About Being a Woman – Melissa Edgington with Your Mom Has A Blog shares an in-depth list of things she wants her daughters to understand about being women today.
- 5 Lies American Culture Feeds Us Every Day – Frank Powell with Relevant Magazine goes through a list of misconceptions Christians face every day in America and how we should respond to them.
CATCH SSEKO DESIGNS ON SHARK TANK TONIGHT!: TONIGHT, Sseko Designs will be featured on ABC’s hit show Shark Tank. We are so excited for 4word woman Liz Bohannon for all that she has accomplished! RSVP to Sseko’s Facebook viewing party for a chance to win Sseko products for you and your friends, and be sure to check out Sseko Designs products in the online 4word store.
BIBLE-MINDED CITIES: Barna Group partnered with American Bible Society to rank the most Bible-minded cities in the US.
CHRISTIAN CLEAVAGE?: Jayson D. Bradley with Relevant Magazine addresses the recent (and controversial) article surrounding “Christian cleavage” and shares his thoughts on it.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Columbus – Coffee & Conversation – February 18 @ 7:15AM
- Washington, D.C. – February Speaker Series – February 19 @ 7:00PM
- Dallas – Yoga Pant Coffee – February 21 @ 9:30AM
- Phoenix – Hike and Lunch – February 21 @ 9:30AM
- Seattle – 4word Coffee Hour – February 22 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Meet-Up Monday – February 23 @ 5:30PM
- San Francisco – Round Table with 4word COO – February 24 @ 6:30PM
- Denver – Women, Work & Calling – February 26 @ 6:00PM
- Nashville – Book Study – February 26 @ noon
- Houston – Launch event – March 5 @ noon
- Phoenix – Hike and Lunch – March 14 @ 9:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Video of the Week
Today is a “Friday the 13th” and we thought it would be fun to learn more about this infamous phenomena. Test your Friday the 13th knowledge and play along with the guys in the video above.
A Pinterest Find
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow AND tomorrow is Saturday. Sounds like an amazing day, if you ask us! Whether you’re fixing breakfast for your sweetheart or just want to celebrate the holiday in spirit, here are some breakfast ideas that will make your heart (and tummy) smile.
Know a senior HR person that is looking for a new challenge? There is a HUGE Chief Human Resource Officer position open at a faith-based nonprofit ministry in Chicago that focuses on microfinance in the developing world. There is a relocation package available. Global international experience and experience in leading an HR team are required. Join or email us at email@example.com if you are interested.
Interested in other jobs like this one? Join the 4word Membership Program today for exclusive access to our Job Connections Board featuring open positions in companies across the country. As a 4word Member, you will also receive special content, a free copy of Work, Love, Pray and the companion Work, Love, Pray Study Guide. Click here to sign up today!
Skip the usual chocolates and flowers this Valentine’s Day and get that special someone on your list a gift that will leave them feeling loved and you feeling like you’ve made a difference in lives across the world. In the online 4word Store, you’ll find dozens of items from our Purchase with Purpose partners like Akola Project, freshbenies, and What’s In The Bible and our books for professional Christian women. Make this Valentine’s Day special for your sweetheart and give a gift that gives back!
Have You Set Up YOUR AmazonSmile?
We all shop on Amazon. Now you can find the things you need AND make a donation to 4word, all at the same time! By using AmazonSmile, your shopping experience stays the same, but once you’ve completed your purchase, Amazon will donate a percentage of the final cost to 4word. Getting started is easy. Choose 4word as the AmazonSmile cause you are supporting, then do your normal Amazon shopping on http://smile.amazon.com/. It’s that simple.
Click here to begin your AmazonSmile session!
Want “Friday Faves” sent directly to your inbox every week? Click the button below to sign up!