Last Minute Christmas Helper
There are only nine shopping days left until Christmas, but before you begin to panic about all the gifts you have to buy and ship, let us help you out.
- Holiday Gift Guides from Real Simple – Whether you’re buying for teenagers, young kids, your boss or your parents, Real Simple has dozens of unique gift ideas for you.
- Sseko Designs – Give a gift that gives twice. Every clutch or pair of sandals that you purchase from Sseko Designs helps a Ugandan woman pay for her university education. (By the way, if you didn’t get to meet Sseko Designs founder Liz Bohannan at the 4word Portland December luncheon, we highly recommend you watch the video of her talk here.)
- Oh Sweet Joy! Tutorials – If you’re into DIY gifts, check out this blog by Liz Bohannan’s friend, Kim. She’s a personal shopper for Anthropologie, so you know she has excellent taste.
- Where to Hide Your Gifts – If your family members are like bloodhounds when it comes to sniffing out your gift-hiding locations, then you need to watch this video from the Wall Street Journal.
Around the Blogosphere
And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. Here are some of the best pray-themed blogs from this week.
- “All he does is win” – Okay so this video isn’t necessarily pray-themed, but since Diane wrote about Tim Tebow on Monday, and this video tribute to Tebow is pretty hilarious, we thought it was appropriate.
- “I was a psycho woman my first married Christmas” – Whether you’re married or not, Tammy Hodge’s point about gift giving applies to all of us: it’s never about how much or how little you spend.
- “What does God think of you?” – Have you ever asked yourself this question? The Modern Reject thinks that the answer can change the way we think and feel about ourselves.
- “How advent saved Christmas” – Do you ever just get tired of doing Christmas, all the parties and decorations and presents? RELEVANT Magazine blogger Joy Netanya Moyal felt the same way… until she took a second look at Advent.
Our theme next week is “work.”
Monday: We have an early Christmas present for you: a word from one of our newest 4word team members, Stacy Repult! And speaking of presents, Stacy will offer practical tips on buying Christmas gifts for your co-workers.
Tuesday: We finish up our online book club with a discussion of the last three chapters (16 – 18) of Work, Love, Pray.
Wednesday: We interview singer Jaime Jamgochian about how she became a musician and find out what her favorite Christmas song is.