Happy Friday, everyone! Who’s ready for Superbowl Sunday? Whether or not you plan to spend Sunday evening watching the big game with friends, we hope you enjoy your weekend. Before we get to the Friday Favorites, we have a couple of announcements for you.
We’re on Pinterest!
Follow us at pinterest.com/4wordwomen, and we’ll follow you back. If you don’t have a Pinterest account yet but you want one, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll send you an invitation to join the site. Visit our page to meet the 4word staff and see our favorites recipes, fashion and DIY crafts. More boards coming soon!
Video of the Week
By the time Friday rolls around, we could all use a good laugh. That’s why we’re adding one more feature to the Friday Favorites: video! And we’re totally going to crowd-source this one, so if you see something hilarious on YouTube, Vimeo, Hulu or any other site, drop us a comment on the blog, write on our Facebook wall or tweet us about it. We’ll take the best video (or possibly two. or three!) and post it here for everyone to enjoy.
To start things off (and because a sequel will debut on Sunday), we’re posting an oldie-but-goodie: “The Force” Volkswagon commercial from Superbowl 2011.
Around the Blogosphere
- 5 Ways to Stay Cool under Pressure – from Real Simple
- 10 Tips to Get More from Your Performance Review – from Salary.com
- Is Work a Four-Letter Word? – Depending on your work situation, you might feel inclined to answer with a resounding, “YES!” Writing for The High Calling, Glynn Young explain why the answer is really, “no.”
- How to Work with Someone You Hate – If you don’t have to now, you’re almost guaranteed to be in this situation in the future. This Harvard Business Review blogger offers six principles to help you maintain a productive working relationship with someone you can’t stand.
- 5 Common Hair Hazards – The bad news: you’re probably guilty of at least one of these (I know I am). The good news: there are quick fixes you can apply.
Monday: Diane shares some ideas for how to make Valentine’s Day a meaningful time to celebrate those you love, regardless of whether you love or hate all the holiday hoopla.
Wednesday: We interview Dinah Nicholson about how she and her husband, Steve, juggled raising their four children, pursuing their own careers and staying happily married.