A happy belated International Women’s Day to all of you ladies! If you missed the holiday yesterday, don’t worry. We’re giving you permission to celebrate it one day late. After all, March is actually Women’s History Month.
The Funny Video of the Week
“The Wife Song,” by comedian Tim Hawkins: “If you’re a man who wants to live a long and happy life, these are the things you don’t say to your wife.”
Around the Blogosphere
- Pray for Left to Tell – Diane’s friend Mary Beth is mobilizing a million people around the world to pray for the filming of Left to Tell, a movie about Immaculee Ilibagiza, a survivor of the Rwandan Genocide. Would you pray with 4word and Mary Beth for the filming of this movie?
- “What to look for in a man” – posted by The Good Women Project. It’s advice from a guy who’s been married 17 years. Good stuff!
- “Mutual Submission” – This video is part one of a new series by Joy Eggerichs in which she tackles the hot-button topic of wives submitting to their husbands.
- “The Pandora’s Box of the Professional Mother” – More great advice on finding good childcare, this time from w2wlink.
- “Why guarding your heart isn’t enough” – You’ve all heard the phrase in youth group, at camp, possibly even in your singles ministry. But is it the be all and end all of relationship advice? RELEVANT says “no.”
Next week’s theme is “pray.” We’ll be talking specifically about church and what to do if you feel isolated within your church as a young, professional Christian woman.