Happy Friday, ladies! Here’s your weekly serving of 4word’s favorite blogs, videos, pins and more from around the web.
- HONOR: 4word’s own Bonnie Wurzbacher is one of Christianity Today’s “50 Women You Should Know” who are shaping the evangelical church and society. Our good friend Elisa Morgan is named as well.
- MOVE: Do you dream of starting your own business? Consider your location: Women entrepreneurs thrive in Forbes’ 15 Best Cities for Female Entrepreneurs. Three Texas cities made the list.
- READ: Does the gender pay gap affect you? Read USA Today’s view of the factors that may be contributing to the lingering gender pay gap. Then, assess your definition of success: read Diane Paddison’s top post, “You can Have ‘It’ All" to find encouraging guidance.
- GO: Carolyn Rayback, VP of Finance and Administration for Pacific Natural Foods, will speak at Portland’s November 1 luncheon. Her topic: “Navigating Life’s Curveballs.” Details and register here.
Video of the Week
Julian Smith takes a hilarious spin on “buffering” through song.
- “The Best Sounds for Getting Work Done” — Life Hacker helps you find the perfect soundtrack to drown out distractions, help you focus, or energize you to get through a to-do list.
- “How to be Friends with People Radically Different from You” — Emily Maynard via Good Women Project suggests ways we can listen and engage in their stories.
- “4 Steps to Finding Your Calling” — Lauren Dalessandro via RELEVENT’s Next says stepping into God’s calling for your life is quite a journey. It all starts with discovering God right where you are.
A Pinterest Find
A go-to guide for flattering blush tones via The Beauty Department.