Welcome to September! Enjoy our list of favorites as you head into your first September weekend.
- SAVE THE DATE: September 19th is North Texas Giving Day with Donor Bridge. You can make a donation to 4word, and a percentage of your donation will be matched by Donor Bridge!
- PRE-ORDER: The conversation that started in Work, Love, Pray continues in Elizabeth Knox’s new book Faith Powered Profession. This is one book you don’t want to pass up.
- LISTEN: Diane Paddison will be on Point of View radio show September 11 at 2 PM (Central). In Dallas, you can hear the program live (1480 AM) and then hear it on another radio station (American Family Radio station – 90.5 FM) that airs the program at 10 PM (Central).
- READ: One of our Dallas 4word women Heidi from freshbenies was featured on CNN Money as one of 5 companies started because of Obamacare.
- ENCOURAGE: 4word was honored to be included on The High Calling’s list of Twitter accounts that encourage you in your work. Check out the other accounts listed!
- GO: On October 10th at the Tower Club in Dallas, TX, Diane will be speaking on “Balance . . . Is It Possible?” at the Women’s Power Breakfast. The event will take place from 8:30-10:00AM. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- LEARN: Relevant Magazine has culled a list of 5 lies that every twenty-something needs to stop believing, but we think this list applies to any age.
Video of the Week
The story of Antoinette Tuff continues to be an inspiration.
- “Please Stop Complaining About How Busy You Are” —Harvard Business Review’s Meredith Fineman pleads with businessmen and women to stop complaining about how busy you are at work. Your complaints are doing more harm than you know.
- “How to Go on an Actual Date ” —Relevant Magazine urges you men out there to master the art of a romantic outing. Ladies, be sure to share this with the men in your life! Ruthie Dean also has tips for any men in your life about how to ask a girl out.
- “Seriously? Jesus Traveled with Women?” —Sandra Glahn on Tapestry dives into an interesting part of Jesus’ time on earth: his interactions with women.
A Pinterest Find
Wear One Piece Five Ways: Red blazer edition.