Can you believe it’s October? We can’t! Here’s our weekly list of favorites for you to peruse as you enter your first October weekend of 2013.
- TELL US: 4word women, we need your input! Please take a few moments to fill out this survey, so that we at 4word can know how to impact you in the most meaningful ways possible. We appreciate your help!
- RESEARCH: The Stanford Graduate Business School released the findings of their research on women in the workplace, and what they discovered is fascinating!
GENERATION GAP: Does your business have a game plan for navigating between the widening generation gaps in the workplace? If not, take a few moments to read this article from The Economist.
- LIKEABLE LEADER: Liz Trocchio Smith with The Trocchio Advantage shares a list of winning traits for leaders who are successful in today’s workplace.
- DREAM JOB: More than half of the American workforce are looking for a career change, according to Chad Brooks with Business News Daily. Are you one of them?
Video of the Week
A Father’s Love: Be sure to have tissues on-hand.
- “How to Escape the Networking Rut” —Sanyin Siang, in her article on CNNMoney.com, urges you to revamp your traditional networking practices and reach out to some unexpected contacts.
- “Protect Your Marriage at Work” — Ruthie Dean offers safeguards couples can take in their jobs to protect their marriages.
- “Great Followers (Eventually) Make Great Leaders” —Kerri Weems’ article on the ARCWomen blog is a humbling mini review of Dianne Wilson’s book It’s Time, and how she believes that by being the best follower she could be, she grew into the leader she is today.
A Pinterest Find
Easy and Inexpensive Halloween Crafts for all your spooky festivities!