Say goodbye to May this weekend by checking out our favorites from the last week, as well as the Team Monthly Favorites. There’s still room in the summer session of our 4word Mentor Program! Though mentors at your workplace have much to offer, this opportunity to discuss your goals openly, and receive unbiased feedback from experienced women mentors with 4word is priceless. Enroll before June 6 to secure your spot!!
- APPLY NOW FOR MENTOR PROGRAM: Why not make this summer all about investing in your professional life? The 4word Mentor Program will be kicking off its summer session in June, and the deadline to apply is June 6, 2014! Don’t miss out on this valuable opportunity to interact with and learn from fellow 4word women! Click here to begin the application process!
- STOP STRESSING OUT!: Louise Atkinson with The Daily Mail offers a relief from stress in the workplace, and it’s one word: mindfulness.
- BLOGGING MATTERS: Laura Pilcher with Pilcher Media shares her list of reasons why blogging needs to be included in marketing plans alongside public relations and email marketing.
- UNCERTAINTY MEANS YOU’RE ALIVE: Kristin with The Happy Guy Writing Services talks candidly about listening to the internal doubt when it comes to her writing career and shares insight from which anyone in any profession may benefit.
Video of the Week
TheFineBros introduce a group of children to 1970s technology and their responses are priceless!
- 5 Ways Women Can Exude Confidence at Work – Christine Perkett with Forbes expresses her frustration at the continuing “gender battle” in the workplace, and offers five ways that women can beef up their confidence at work and help bring equality.
- How To Tell a Dud From a Stud – Christa Black talks about the moment when she realized her expectations for her future husband needed some tweaking, and the reward she got once she came to this realization.
- If You Turn Down Your Noise, You Might Finally Hear The Truth – Mike Foster with Storyline encourages all of us to turn down the noise in our life and learn to embrace the silence.
Team Monthly Favorites
Ashley Diaz, Social Media
Favorite: Nyx Cosmetics Dark Circle Concealer
This small jar provides the ultimate coverage for one of my most challenging makeup problems – dark circles! It is pure magic and surprisingly affordable. Since discovering it, I rarely leave home without it.
Jordan Johnstone, Copywriter
Favorite: Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders
The skin on my face has looked a little dull lately, and highlighting products usually left my oily combination skin looking greasy. I saw multiple beauty gurus rave about Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders on Youtube, and after seeing a demo, I caved and picked up the Ambient Lighting Palette and Ambient Lighting powder in Luminous Light. These powders are miracle workers. My skin looks soft, imperfections are blurred and the best part: I don’t look oily!
Sandra Crawford Williamson, COO
Favorite: Uber app
The Uber app is a taxi alternative that helps you find a car service using private people that are screened and receive feedback scores that allow them to stay in the program. The app uses your mobile’s GPS to know where you are, shows your car as it approaches, and the picture and license plate of your driver. You put your credit card in the app, so you never need cash and drivers aren’t allowed tips. There is also Uber Family where you can request a car with a car seat! I’ve used them all across the country and it rocks.
Trina Lee, 4word Mentor Program Coordinator
Favorite: Liz Vice
I have been listening to Liz Vice’s There’s A Light nonstop this month, after hearing her share her story at the Portland luncheon. The Oregonian described Liz’s music as “retro gospel.” And a Twitter reviewer said, “If you think you aren’t into gospel, think again.” I would agree. You can download Liz’s music for free from NoiseTrade.
A Pinterest Find
Want something new for breakfast this weekend? Try one of these 17 next-level ways to make French toast and graciously accept the round of applause from those around the kitchen table.