It’s the last Friday Faves of June! Check out our favorites from the week, as well as the Team Monthly Favorites for June!
- 4word WOMAN MAKES TOP 100 LIST: Congratulations to 4word woman Erin Botsford with The Botsford Group! She was recently named one of the Top 100 Women Financial Advisors by Barron’s Magazine. Join us in celebrating Erin’s amazing achievement!
- CODING IS COOL, GIRLS!: Elizabeth Weise with USA Today writes about Google’s campaign to increase the number of female coders it has on staff, and how young girls should be encouraged to develop a taste for coding.
- DEPRESSING LACK OF DIVERSITY: Laura Petrecca with USA Today recaps Sheryl Sandberg’s presentation at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity which centered on her drive for both women AND men to support women in the workplace.
- DITCH THE DRAMA: Lori Deschene with Tiny Buddha offers seven steps to minimize the drama in your life, and the first step is a doozy.
Video of the Week
Joy Eggerichs, daughter of Dr. Emerson Eggerichs and wife Sarah, has written and published a six-week study called The Illumination Project. This study covers topics such as singleness, marriage, dating, male/female relationships, faith/beliefs about God, and more. Check out the project’s trailer to find out if The Illumination Project is right for you!
- 5 Steps To Life Balance – Angela Ploetz lists five steps professional women can take to ensure that their lives not only stay balanced but realistic.
- Blended: Is Marriage Better The Second Time Around? – Allison Herrin with Believe discusses “blended” families and how to make it work.
- Rethinking Scarcity: Infinite Grace in Finite Settings – 4word founder Diane Paddison writes in an article on The High Calling about how Christians should define their worth by their relationship with God instead of their physical accomplishments and possessions.
Team Monthly Favorites
Cindi Pritchett, Writer and Editor
Favorite: Woodwick candles
Woodwick candles! I enjoy burning candles, and these are by far my new favorites. The scents and selection are great, they burn nicely, and they crackle as they burn- which I love!
Jordan Johnstone, Copywriter
As a professional writer, I am constantly at my computer, typing away like a mad woman! To help me get in the right mindset, I always turn to Pandora. I have a whole library of channels now ranging from Yoga Radio to The Piano Guys to Ellie Goulding. If I’m working on my novel, I lean toward the more serene channels. When I’m working on 4word projects, I’m usually jamming to something more upbeat. I’d be lost without my Pandora!
Sandra Crawford Williamson, COO
Favorite: Sseko sandals
I am loving my new Sseko sandals because not only are they adorable but they are SO comfortable too. There are 7 different ways you can tie them and you can always get different ribbon colors. They are a summer must have and you are supporting women’s education in Uganda at the same time.
Katie Reiff, 4word Director of Local Groups & Development
Favorite: ENO hammock
If you’re anything like me, you must be loving the beginning of the summer season! This month, my beautiful intern introduced me to my new favorite thing, and the perfect way to unwind after a busy day and enjoy the season. Eagles Nest Outfitters makes a series of hammocks ranging from $89.90 – $124.90 (price includes hammock and atlas straps) that are ready to go with you anywhere! Really, mine fits in my purse! There’s nothing like enjoying my lunch break by doing a little summer reading in my ENO hammock.
Trina Lee, 4word Mentor Program Coordinator
Favorite: The Illumination Project
Looking for a study to do this summer? I was at the live event when The Illumination Project study was filmed and it was a great night of learning and laughing. The Illumination Project is a six-week DVD study that captures a candid (and often hilarious) conversation between Joy Eggerichs and her father, Dr. Emerson Eggerichs (author of the best-selling marriage book Love and Respect), as they tackle the following topics: marriage, dating, singleness, male-female relationships, life’s wounds and much more.
A Pinterest Find
Fourth of July is one week away! Here are 29 recipe ideas for keeping everyone happy and fed as you celebrate!