It’s the last Friday of July. We can’t believe it either! Take a peek at our favorites from the past week, as well as the Team Monthly Favorites for July.
- BE A PART OF THE 4word MENTOR PROGRAM!: The 4word Mentor Program is now accepting applications for mentor and mentee spots! Take the next step in your professional journey by investing in a mentorship with a fellow professional Christian woman! To apply, send in your application by August 29, 2014 by clicking this link.
- 10 RESUME BOOSTS: Liz Ryan on LinkedIn lists ten small but mighty resume boosts you can apply to give your career history that extra something it’s been missing.
- MILLENNIALS ARE COMING: Millennials will soon be taking the corporate world by storm and bringing with them a new vision for what careers should focus on, according to an article on Patheos.
Video of the Week
Have you ever been told you do something “like a girl?” How did that make you feel? Always decided to take a stand against this insult to women and created this video for their #LikeAGirl campaign.
- Female Entrepreneurs Offer Advice on Conquering 7 Career Roadblocks - In this article on Mashable, successful professional women share their insight on navigating potential career roadblocks with ease.
- 5 Biggest Little Ways to Improve Your Marriage - Shaunti Feldhahn writes on Family Life about five simple things that a husband and wife can do and say together to enrich their marriage.
- The Secret Relief You Have To Know When You’re Overwhelmed - Ann Voskamp with A Holy Experience shares her secret to finding peace amidst the chaos, and it is one simple word.
4word Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We'd love to see you there!
- Portland - Lunch event - July 25 @ Noon
- Portland - Group Leadership Info Meeting - July 29 @ 6:00PM
- Portland - BBQ - August 3 @ 2:00PM
- Dallas - After Work Event - August 5 @ 5:00PM
- Los Angeles - Morning Brunch - August 9 @ 10:00AM
- San Francisco - After Work Gathering and Discussion - August 12 @ 6:30PM
- San Diego - Monthly Lunch - August 13 @ 11:00AM
- Phoenix - Summer Nights Book Study - August 18 @ 6:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Team Monthly Favorites
Cindi Pritchett, Writer and Editor
Favorite: The Confident Mom Weekly Household Planner
I stumbled across this gem and decided to test it out earlier this year. If you're a checklist person, you will love this household planner! I simply print off a month at a time, then hang it on my fridge, for easy reference throughout the day. Meal planning and preparation, cleaning and general household tasks are so much easier for me to complete in a timely manner now.
Jordan Johnstone, Copywriter
Favorite: Lush Cosmetics Fresh Face Masks
I've been trying to get my face in better shape, and kept hearing raving reviews about Lush's Fresh Face Masks. I made a trip to my local Lush (Make sure you go on a Thursday because that's when they put out new masks!) and picked up Cupcake and BB Seaweed. I've used Cupcake once and not only did it smell good, my skin looked and felt amazing after!
Sandra Crawford Williamson, COO
Favorite: Work, Love, Pray Study Guide
My monthly fav is our new Work, Love, Pray Study Guide companion for Work, Love, Pray. I'm buying it for all the women in my life as gifts for any and every occasion.
Betsy Gray, Graphic Designer
Favorite: Strengthsfinder 2.0
Strengthsfinder 2.0 is a strengths assessment resource Diane recommends in Work, Love Pray. Now, I concur! The insight my husband and I gained into each others' "themes" has been incredibly practical and encouraging. The reports clearly define the value of each personality trait, and why we thrive in certain work and social settings. Take the test online for under $10.
Ashley Diaz, Social Media
Favorite: Target Cartwheel app
Like so many others, Target is my ultimate shopping weakness. I love the Cartwheel app because I get extra savings right on my phone and I don't have to spend time clipping and organizing coupons.
Amy Wilson, Social Media Consultant
Favorite: TripIt app
Whether I'm traveling for business or for pleasure, TripIt is my favorite traveling app. It lets me store all my travel details - flight numbers, hotel confirmation numbers, rental car info, etc. - in one place. Best of all, your travel details are stored on your phone, so if you don't have cell service, you can still access them.
A Pinterest Find
Ready to say goodbye to summer? Neither are we! Here are 21 recipes to help you savor these last few summer days.