Happy Friday, 4word friends! Enjoy this week’s favorites, and don’t forget to submit your 4word Mentor Program application before the September 5 deadline!
- BE A PART OF THE 4word MENTOR PROGRAM!: The 4word Mentor Program is now accepting applications for mentor and mentee spots! Take the next step in your professional journey by investing in a mentorship with a fellow professional Christian woman! To apply, send in your application by September 5, 2014 by clicking this link.
- 2nd MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: Steven Tulman with ICM writes an article on LinkedIn about the second most important interview question you will be asked, and how your answer to it is pivotal to getting the job or not.
- DO LAUNDRY AT WORK: Do you work from home? Do you think you want to? Jolie Miller with lynda.com offers her insight into working from home and finding the right balance between working and running a house.
- UNCOMFORTABLE AT BEING BOSS?: Minda Zetlin with Inc. lists five tips that will help anyone struggling with the idea of being the boss get past their hangups and get to work leading.
Video of the Week [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFQBIK__X14[/youtube] Couples tend to grow more in sync the longer they’re together which isn’t always a bad thing. However, certain quirks may begin to surface. See if you and your significant other are “guilty” of any of these weird things couples do.
- Are Wrong Assumptions About You Damaging Your Career? – May Busch shares about how her mentee’s recent engagement could affect hiring managers’ opinion of her through a hindering wrong assumption, and the plan of action they created to get her past these wrong assumptions.
- A Script For Marriage – Joy Eggerichs shares an article penned by her good friend Esther Fleece about Esther’s inner battle to realign her definition of marriage to fall in line with God’s definition.
- The Challenge of Conscience and Compromise in the Workplace – Dr. Art Lindsley with The Institute for Faith, Work & Economics offers his advice for Christians who are asked to compromise their conscience (and beliefs) at work.
4word Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Atlanta – After Work Gathering – August 26 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa – WLP Book Discussion – September 15 @ 7:00PM
- Chicago – Luncheon with Jamie Janosz – September 18 @ noon
- San Francisco – Summer BBQ – September 21 @ 2:30PM
- Dallas – After Work Event – September 23 @ 6:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
A Pinterest Find
Hosting a brunch and want to offer something other than bagels and donuts? Here is a healthy and fun way to feed your guests something you’ll both feel good about.