Pinterest, Productivity and Playdates In This Week’s Friday Faves
Happy Friday and First Day of August! Check out our favorites from the week, and don’t forget to sign up for the upcoming 4word Mentor Program session by September 5!
- BE A PART OF THE 4word MENTOR PROGRAM!: The 4word Mentor Program is now accepting applications for mentor and mentee spots! Take the next step in your professional journey by investing in a mentorship with a fellow professional Christian woman! To apply, send in your application by September 5, 2014 by clicking this link.
- LEADERSHIP QUIZ: Want to know if you’re ready to be a leader? Take this Leadership Quiz from 3Plus International and see what leadership qualities and skills you have.
- GET ON PINTEREST!: Jeff Sieh with Brainy Marketer offers up three reasons why businesses should be on Pinterest and shares a few tips on how to get started.
- BUILD YOUR DREAM CAREER: Kathy Caprino writes on LinkedIn about how to refocus your current job situation and head toward the dream career you’ve always wanted.
- GMAIL PRODUCTIVITY: John Brandon with Inc. has three tips for Gmail users to implement that will help streamline their inbox.
Video of the Week
Really, what is cuter than babies and dogs? How about putting them together in one video? Charlie the Beagle tries to sneak off with the baby’s toy and goes overboard trying to make up for it.
- Starting A Business Is Just Like Motherhood – Anne Day with She Owns It writes about the similarities between raising a child and raising a business from the ground up.
- Banish The Playdate – Chris Bernholdt with The Huffington Post strongly urges parents to stop stunting their children’s imagination and social skills by arranging “play dates” with other children.
- How To: Deal With Negative Feedback – Shauna Mackenzie with Best Kept Self shares her tips for taking negative feedback and processing it properly.
4word Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Portland – BBQ – August 3 @ 2:00PM
- Dallas – After Work Event – August 5 @ 5:00PM
- Los Angeles – Morning Brunch – August 9 @ 10:00AM
- San Francisco – After Work Gathering and Discussion – August 12 @ 6:30PM
- San Diego – Monthly Lunch – August 13 @ 11:00AM
- Phoenix – Summer Nights Book Study – August 18 @ 6:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
A Pinterest Find
Need to whip up a quick dessert that you won’t feel guilty about eating? Here’s a recipe for Coffee Caramel Chip ice cream that takes 20 minutes and is vegan and gluten-free. Yes, really.