Mistakes, Myths and Mission to Change Media in This Week’s Friday Faves
Happy Friday, 4word friends! Check out our favorite articles, video, and pin from the week!
WORST MISTAKE WHEN QUITTING A JOB: Jeff Haden writes on LinkedIn and urges you to not neglect the true friends you develop at work if you end up moving onto another job opportunity.
40-HOUR WORK WEEK MYTH?: Ariana Ayu writes on Inc. about surprising statistics about the traditional 40-hour work week, and whether or not it’s such a traditional thing anymore.
BE SOCIALLY SUCCESSFUL: Vanessa Van Edwards offers seven tips for those wanting to make a successful impact when interacting with those around you.
ADDICTED TO BUSYNESS: Brady Boyd writes on Relevant Magazine about his realization that he had become addicted to a busy life, and the four warning signs we should look for in our own lives.
Video of the Week
Who knew playing Peek-a-boo could be traumatic? Watch this little girl’s reaction to her father shaving halfway through their game.
- The Entrepreneur On A Mission To Change Women’s Media – Jane Porter with Fast Company talks with Claudia Chan about her mission to change media’s mind about women and female empowerment.
- Jesus Loves The Little Children … But I Don’t – Kate Shellnutt writes on Her.meneutics about her struggle to get past the current stance millennials hold in regards to children and having a family.
- 4 Myths Christians Need To Stop Believing About Depression – Debra K. Fileta writes on Relevant Magazine about four myths Christians need to learn to ignore when thinking about depression.
4word Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- San Francisco – Summer BBQ – September 21 @ 2:30PM
- Dallas – After Work Event – September 23 @ 6:00PM
- Washington, D.C. – Fall Speaker Series – September 23 @ 7:00PM
- Phoenix – Autumn Nights Book Study – September 25 @ 6:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
A Pinterest Find
Apple Blueberry Pie layered in a Mason jar. How could you possibly go wrong with this adorably rustic end-of-summer dessert?