Happy first Friday of October, 4word friends! Take a moment to browse our favorites from the week, then go enjoy your weekend!
FAITH & WORK CONNECTIONS: On October 14, 2014, 4word woman Erin Botsford will be a featured speaker at the Dallas Faith & Work Connections event, hosted by The Institute for Faith, Work, & Economics. The event will take place at Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco, TX, from 6:30PM-9:00PM. If you’re in the Dallas area, reserve your tickets here.
TRAINING THE NEXT GENERATION: Christine Caine announced in an interview with Her.meneutics that she will be launching a “Lean In”-type program in January for professional Christian women, and the launch event will take place at Liberty University. See what our founder Diane Paddison had to say about this exciting program!
LEARN THIS KEY TO SUCCESS: May Busch sheds light on an immensely valuable skill all business men and women should learn if they want to have success in their workplaces.
STRONG ATTENTION SPAN?: Dave LeClair with Make Use Of shares a funny yet effective flowchart that will give you an idea (granted, an informal one) of how focused you really are.
TOO NICE? WATCH OUT: Jessica Stillman with Inc. warns those of us who tend to be the “nice one” in the office that our genuinely sunny disposition may in fact hurt us in the long run.
LIVE IT OR RECORD IT?: Alex Williams with The New York Times reflects on a recent video posted by a passenger on a damaged plane, and what it indicates about our current social dilemma of living a moment or recording it.
Video of the Week
Do you have an iPhone with iOS 8? Are you a little overwhelmed with all the new bright, shiny features? Here’s a quick tutorial for 8 new tricks you can pull off with iOS 8. You’re welcome.
- More women at the top, higher returns - Jena McGregor writes on The Washington Post about new research that further solidifies the fact that companies with female executives have better financial performance than those companies without a healthy gender mix in their leadership.
- Wives: Have and Share Realistic Expectations - Shaunti Feldhahn encourages married female readers of The Christian Post to set and communicate realistic marriage and partnership goals to their spouses.
- Are Millennials Really Less Religious Than Previous Generations? - Elise Amyx with The Institute for Faith, Work, & Economics seeks to answer this oft-asked question about how today’s generation values their faith.
4word Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We'd love to see you there!
- Dallas - Lunchtime Round Table Discussion - October 13 @ noon
- Seattle - Morning Coffee Gathering - October 18 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas - Lunch Out - November 10 @ noon
- Phoenix - Christmas Luncheon - December 2 @ 11:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
A Pinterest Find
We’ve found it. The best lasagna recipe out there. Try it for dinner one night and let us know if you agree!
Want "Friday Faves" sent directly to your inbox every week? Click the button below to sign up!