Multitasking, Marriage, and More in This Week’s Friday Faves
Happy Friday, 4word friends! Check out our favorites from the week, including some Halloween costume ideas for all you procrastinators out there!
DANGERS OF MULTITASKING?: Dr. Travis Bradberry writes on LinkedIn about the potential damage multitasking might be inflicting on you and your career.
ALTERNATIVES TO COFFEE: Worried that your colleagues might be relying a little too heavily on the office coffee maker? John Boitnott with Inc. offers seven healthier alternatives that you can introduce to the office break room.
DEFINITION OF INSANITY: “Mompreneur” Lara Galloway writes on Mom Biz Coach about the four potential areas of insanity professional mothers tend to fall prey to.
TOP TED TALKS OF 2014: Oscar Raymundo with Inc. lists ten TED Talks he feels have defined the year 2014. Which ones have been your favorites?
Video of the Week
If watching this video doesn’t make you want to go find the nearest pile of leaves and dive in, we don’t know what will. Also, Stella’s technique for laying down is pretty unique (and hilarious!).
- Apple and Facebook To Pay Female Staff to Freeze Their Eggs – DailyMail reports on a surprising move by two of Silicon Valley’s biggest players: paying their female employees to freeze their eggs so that they can put motherhood on hold and focus on their careers.
- The Good News About Marriage: Shaunti Feldhahn interview – Joy Eggerichs interviews Shaunti Feldhahn and discusses with her the truth about divorce rates, and how we should still have hope for marriages today.
- What If Having an Extraordinary Life Isn’t the Point? – Michael S. Horton with Relevant Magazine writes about how we should interpret the idea of “living radically” as Christians.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Atlanta – Jenifer Johnson – October 30 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Lunch Out – November 10 @ noon
- San Diego – Lunch Discussion – November 12 @ 11:30AM
- Los Angeles – Book Discussion – November 15 @ 1:00PM
- Denver – Launch Event – November 18 @ 6:00PM
- Phoenix – Christmas Luncheon – December 2 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Christmas Party – December 7 @ 4:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
A Pinterest Find
Still don’t know what to be for Halloween? We’ve got you covered! Here are 10 costume ideas you can recreate using items you probably already have in your closet.
Want “Friday Faves” sent directly to your inbox every week? Click the button below to sign up!