Winner, Wealth, and Watercolors in This Week’s Friday Faves
Happy Friday, 4word friends! Enjoy our favorites from the past week as you head into your weekend!
WIN OVER YOUR BOSS: Want to get on your boss’s good side? May Busch offers three helpful tips for forging a positive relationship with your boss.
YOUNGEST NOBEL PEACE PRIZE WINNER: The Wall Street Journal shares the story of 17-year-old Malala Yousafzai, the youngest recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize for her fight for girls’ rights to schooling “under the most dangerous circumstances.”
MANAGE YOUR EMAIL: Jacky Carter writes on LinkedIn about the genius way that Coca-Cola employees tackle their emails and which practices we can adapt to our own Inbox.
Video of the Week
The New York Times invited six second graders to a 7-course, $220 a person dinner at exclusive Brooklyn restaurant Daniel and sat back to see what their reactions would be to their gourmet feast. Obviously, hilarity ensued.
- Wealthiest Women in America – DailyMail created a map showing the wealthiest women in America, grouping them by state. In total, the women on the list are worth $200 billion combined.
- Working Moms, On Screen and Behind The Camera – Christine A. Scheller with Her.meneutics interviews filmmaker Laura Waters Hinson and discusses how she juggles the responsibilities of her career with her responsibilities at home.
- Is Christianity’s Influence in the Workplace Declining? – Dr. Anne Bradley with The Institute for Faith, Work, & Economics discusses a recent study that revealed Christianity’s fading influence in the professional world and what should be done to remedy this decline.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Seattle – Morning Coffee Gathering – October 18 @ 9:00AM
- Washington D.C. – Jennifer Marshall – October 21 @ 7:00PM
- Atlanta – Jenifer Johnson – October 30 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Lunch Out – November 10 @ noon
- San Diego – Lunch Discussion – November 12 @ 11:30AM
- Los Angeles – Book Discussion – November 15 @ 1:00PM
- Denver – Launch Event – November 18 @ 6:00PM
- Phoenix – Christmas Luncheon – December 2 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Christmas Party – December 7 @ 4:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
A Pinterest Find
Want an alternative way to decorate pumpkins that doesn’t involve carving and goo-scooping? Give watercolor pumpkins a go this year!
Want “Friday Faves” sent directly to your inbox every week? Click the button below to sign up!