Christmas is just around the corner, but don't fret! Find fantastic gifts that your friends and family will love in the NEW online 4word Store...and support 4word along the way! With products from our Purchase with a Purpose partners like Sseko Designs, Akola Project, and What's In The Bible and our books for professional Christian women, you are bound to find the perfect gifts for the loved ones on your list!
Have you heard? 4word now has an exclusive Membership Program! Join today to receive special content, a free copy of Work, Love, Pray and the companion Work, Love, Pray Study Guide, PLUS direct access to our Job Connections Board, which gives you exclusive access to amazing job opportunities. A 4word Membership also makes an excellent Christmas gift for the professional Christian woman in your life. To gift a membership, simply enter the contact information of the person receiving the membership then enter your payment information at check out.
What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
Back Row Singles
Single professional women can often feel out of place in church. Sandra Crawford Williamson shares what can be done to make them part of the church family.
Passion Meets Potential
Are you working your "dream job?" It's OK if you're not! Here's what Betsy Nichols learned when she realized she wasn't working hers.
Have you signed up for Goodsnitch yet? Well, we've made it simple for you. Click one of the buttons on the left to download the Goodsnitch app to your Apple or Android device. Once you've set up your account, simply add "4word" as your affiliation and start recognizing the heroes in your life, like your son's favorite teacher or your pioneering CEO. For every app downloaded with 4word as the affiliation, 4word will receive an automatic $1 donation, so download the app today and encourage your family and friends to do the same!
- A Guide for Women Seeking Mentors - Mashable shares a handful of questions that you should keep in mind when finding a mentor. If you’re currently looking for a mentor, apply for the 4word Mentor Program! Applications are due by January 9, 2015.
- The Real Reason People Ask About “The One” - Joy Eggerichs discusses finding “The One” and how we should learn to just wait for God’s plan rather than attempt to create our own.
- 6 Tips for Sharing the Gospel - Nick Barker with Verge Network lists six ways that we can easily share the Gospel with those around us.
#GIVINGTUESDAY: On December 2nd, National Giving Tuesday,
we need your help in supporting 4word. There is Black Friday, Cyber Monday and now National Giving Tuesday to support your favorite
non-profit. Whether it is through our Donate page, by enrolling yourself and/or your friends in our 4word Membership Program, or shopping through our online store, please support us!!
START THE NEW YEAR WITH A MENTOR!: The deadline to enroll for the next Mentor Program session is January 9, 2015. What better way to start the new year than with a mentor to help guide your career goals for 2015 and beyond. For more information on how to sign up, click here!
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Cindy Cohn continues her series on communication with five steps to help you participate in effective communication and avoid falling into the “mindreading trap.”
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We'd love to see you there!
- Los Angeles - Book Discussion - November 15 @ 1:00PM
- Denver - Launch Event - November 18 @ 6:00PM
- Washington, D.C. - Every Day Faith - November 18 @ 7:00PM
- Austin - Gathering - November 20 @ 7:00PM
- Phoenix - Christmas Luncheon - December 2 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas - Christmas Party - December 7 @ 4:00PM
- Columbus - Launch Event - January 14 @ 6:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Video of the Week
The Jubilee Project asked a group of adults one simple question: “What is one thing about your body that you would change?” The same question was then asked to young children. The difference in their answers presented another question: When was the last time you felt comfortable in your own skin?
A Pinterest Find
If you’re looking for a different kind of dessert, look no further than the S’mores Pizza Roll Up.
Want "Friday Faves" sent directly to your inbox every week? Click the button below to sign up!