Why should you be part of the 4word Mentor Program?
We know the 4word Mentor Program is a life-changing 10-week experience in which every professional Christian woman should take part. But don't take our word for it! Hear from one of our mentees:
“Before the mentor program, I NEVER shared my struggles with those around me or asked for help. I didn't want to burden other people with my problems. My mentor helped me open up and I learned how to communicate my needs without feeling that I am a burden. This will help me professionally, and in all other areas of life. The safe, structured environment made it easier to open up to someone I didn't know very well, and helped us stay on track, monitor our progress, and quantify our results. I highly recommend the 4word mentor program - you will not be disappointed. I left this program with a lifetime friend and supporter - so could you!"
- Lisa DeLuca, Mentee
Ready to join the 4word Mentor Program? Click here to apply!
What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
Is a Mentor Worth It?
Diane Paddison has compiled some personal testimonies from recent mentors and mentees who have been part of the 4word Mentor Program. If you have unanswered questions about how a mentor can help you set and reach your goals, encourage you personally and professionally and help you keep Christ at the center, this article is for you!
When you want to start something new in your career, whether a new project or an entirely new field, it’s often an exciting but scary notion. Deborah Brommer discusses how her mentor, Susan Tolles, helped her make a big change (professionally and personally) through her mentorship.
Mentoring Monday radio show
Click here to listen to this week's episode
This week's Mentoring Monday radio show featured Lee Blaylock.
- How To Achieve Your Aspirations and Live The Life You Want - May Busch shares her advice for bridging the gap between where your career is now and where you want it to be.
- How to Discipline in Love - Jen Wilkin with Today’s Christian Woman helps parents understand how best to discipline their children, even when those children might be really upset.
- God's Will Isn't That Complicated - Jarrid Wilson with Relevant Magazine encourages Christians to stop overthinking God’s will for their life.
ARE YOU JOINING US? TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO APPLY!
The Fall 2016 session of the 4word Mentor Program is now accepting applications through TODAY! Whether you want to be a mentor or mentee, head into the second half of 2016 with a plan to boost your career. Click here to begin your application!
REVERSE MENTORING FOR MILLENNIALS: Jackie Crosby with the Minneapolis Star Tribune shares evidence of success of companies choosing to utilize “reverse mentoring” for their millennial employees.
NO MENTOR = BUSINESS FAILURE: William Harris with Entrepreneur stresses how important it is for those with dreams of career success to find themselves a mentor.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We'd love to see you there!
- Dallas - Addison Book Study - September 13 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas - Southlake Book Study - September 13 @ noon
- San Francisco - Re-launch event - September 13 @ 6:00PM
- Washington D.C./Northern VA - Meet-up - September 14 @ TBD
- Houston - Speaker Series - September 15 @ 11:30AM
- Tulsa - Roundtable Luncheon - September 20 @ noon
- Houston - Meet Up - September 20 @ 5:30PM
- Nashville - Women in Business Lunch - September 22 @ 11:30AM
- Austin - Time Out Thursday - September 22 @ 5:30PM
- Austin - Bee Cave Time Out Thursday - September 22 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas - Meet Up Monday - September 26 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa - Roundtable Luncheon - October 18 @ noon
- Austin - Quarterly City-Wide Gathering - November 9 @ 6:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you're given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: United Properties Southwest
Location: Dallas, TX
United Properties Southwest (UPS) specializes in turnkey design, development, and construction of industrial warehouse and office buildings for the ownership of others. UPS customers are primarily owners who are users, as well as investors, such as REITs, family trusts, life insurance companies, pension funds, and individual investors.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Executive Administrator
United Properties Southwest - Dallas, TX
United Properties Southwest specializes in turnkey design, development, and construction of industrial warehouse and office buildings for the ownership of others, and is seeking an experienced Executive Administrative Assistant with Property Administrator / Management experience who has several years of experience in commercial real estate and construction.
Job #2: Clinical Vice President - Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement
Encompass Home Health & Hospice - Dallas, TX
Encompass Home Health & Hospice, repeatedly honored on a national and regional basis as a “Best Place to Work”, is seeking a Vice President of Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement to be responsible for improving quality of care and patient satisfaction for home health, hospice, and pediatric care.
Job #3: Part Time Guitar and/or Piano Instructor
Music with Miriam - Dallas, TX
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.