What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
Don’t Be a Statistic
We’re excited to announce the launch of Church Connect, a new partnership between 4word and local churches to help them connect and engage working women in their communities! 4word’s Caitie Butler shares how a busy schedule and long hours combined with a lack of small groups tailored towards the challenges faced by women who work left her feeling displaced at church.
Connecting Women Back to Church
For over five years, 4word has been an advocate for women in the workplace. Many of the women we impact, however, are continuing to feel disconnected from their churches and aren’t sure how to remedy their situation. Enter 4word’s new Church Connect program! Caitie Butler, Church Connect Program Manager, talks with us today about the program and her dreams for it.
- Leveraging the Workplace for Greater Good – Diane Paddison writes on the Washington Times about how professionals can use their workplaces to benefit the greater good.
- I Quit My Job to Become ‘Just’ a Mom – Jill Molloy writes on Relevant Magazine about her decision to leave her career to begin God’s new purpose for her life.
- Dare to Be Happy – Jennifer Dukes Lee writes on Today’s Christian Woman about why we don’t have to choose between happiness and following God.
REGISTER FOR MOVEMENT DAY: Diane Paddison will be speaking on a panel on Tuesday, October 25, in NYC at the Movement Day event. The panel will be discussing women building the Kingdom in the workplace. If you’re in the NYC area, register today to attend!
100 BEST COMPANIES FOR MOMS: Working Mothers has compiled its list of top 100 companies for working moms. Congratulations to Diane Paddison’s husband, Chris, on his firm’s top 10 spot on the list!
STOP UNDERMINING YOURSELF: May Busch offers her advice to those who tend to put themselves down rather than allow themselves to be praised.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – October 16 @ 6:00PM
- Tulsa – Roundtable Luncheon – October 18 @ noon
- Nashville – After Work Meet Up – October 18 @ 5:30PM
- Washington D.C./N. Va – Meetup – October 18 @ 7:30PM
- Dallas – International Panel – October 19 @ 6:30PM
- Portland – Members Only Escape Room – October 22 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – October 24 @ 5:30PM
- Columbus – “Touch and Go” Downtown – October 28 @ 7:30AM
- Columbus – “Touch and Go” Worthington – October 28 @ 7:30AM
- San Diego – Gathering – October 28 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – November 9 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Evening Fellowship – November 9 @ 7:00PM
- Portland – November Luncheon – November 10 @ noon
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to email@example.com to begin the application process.
Featured Company: freshbenies
Location: Dallas, TX
We help our members take the headache out of their healthcare. We help insurance brokers provide a strategic approach to their employers. We help employers control healthcare costs while providing an innovative, high-value benefit to their employees. AND, we make it simple for all to use and enjoy!
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Executive Assistant
freshbenies – Dallas, TX
Are you ready to start fresh? Do you have at least three years proven success working in an executive assistant role? Are you passionate about organizing and managing processes, calendars, people and projects? Do you love serving others? Are you interested in working with a company that helps people save on their healthcare? Are you a customer-loving, fun self-starter? If you said yes to those questions, you might be the perfect freshbenies Executive Assistant!
Job #2: Clinical Vice President – Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement
Encompass Home Health & Hospice – Dallas, TX
Encompass Home Health & Hospice, repeatedly honored on a national and regional basis as a “Best Place to Work”, is seeking a Vice President of Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement to be responsible for improving quality of care and patient satisfaction for home health, hospice, and pediatric care.
Job #3: Part-Time Guitar and/or Piano Instructor
Music with Miriam – Dallas, TX area
Students that are a part of Music with Miriam are unique individuals that learn at a pace that best fits their needs and goals. Music with Miriam is seeking two teachers to provide private piano/guitar lessons in private residences in the Park Cities, Plano or Frisco, TX areas (can be tailored to teachers desired location).
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.