What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
Leading: It’s All About Character
In the midst of a tumultuous election cycle, Lori Berry shares how the story of Deborah in the Bible brings us hope through an example of godly leadership. As we look at Deborah’s ability to discern and judge fairly, lead the people of Israel with dedication, team build constructively when it was time to do battle and listen to God to activate a plan, we see that a person’s character is what defines their ability to lead well.
“Community” is More Than a Buzzword
Carolyn Kaleel and Nancy Bolton have been best friends for over four decades and have learned a thing or two about what it takes to surround yourself with an edifying community. They share their story with us today and talk about their involvement in the Portland Fellows Program.
- The Most Important Characteristics of Great Leaders – Mike Figliuolo writes on LinkedIn and highlights 12 characteristics all great leaders possess (and you should learn if you want to be one of the greats!).
- Perfectionism Is Killing Your Dating Life – Mark Ballenger with Relevant Magazine shares three reasons why you need to stay realistic with your relationships.
- 3 Things Holding You Back From Finding Your Calling – Nicole Kaufman with Relevant Magazine hopes to help Christians overcome obstacles to finding their calling.
2016 WOMEN IN THE WORKPLACE REPORT: McKinsey’s Women in the Workplace Report for 2016 has arrived and it is full of valuable facts and information regarding the current state of the workplace for women.
MORNING ROUTINES OF THE 35 AND UNDERS: Olivia Barrow writes on LinkedIn to shed some light on the unique (and slightly insane) morning routines of a handful of professionals 35 and under.
HOW TO BE THE GREATEST: Andrew Spencer with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics warns us to double-check how we try to achieve greatness in our lives.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Portland – Members Only Escape Room – October 22 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – October 24 @ 5:30PM
- Columbus – “Touch and Go” Downtown – October 28 @ 7:30AM
- Columbus – “Touch and Go” Worthington – October 28 @ 7:30AM
- San Diego – Gathering – October 28 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – November 9 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Evening Fellowship – November 9 @ 7:00PM
- Portland – November Luncheon – November 10 @ noon
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Clinical Vice President – Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement
Encompass Home Health & Hospice – Dallas, TX
Encompass Home Health & Hospice, repeatedly honored on a national and regional basis as a “Best Place to Work”, is seeking a Vice President of Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement to be responsible for improving quality of care and patient satisfaction for home health, hospice, and pediatric care.
Job #2: Part-Time Guitar and/or Piano Instructor
Music with Miriam – Dallas, TX area
Students that are a part of Music with Miriam are unique individuals that learn at a pace that best fits their needs and goals. Music with Miriam is seeking two teachers to provide private piano/guitar lessons in private residences in the Park Cities, Plano or Frisco, TX areas (can be tailored to teachers desired location).
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.