Purpose Behind Your Disappointment & Other Favorite Stories
What You Missed
Feel God’s Love
When we’re in a season of waiting, it can be hard to feel like God truly loves us. In those times, it’s important to go back to the promises found in the Bible and put our hope in His ultimate desire for our growth into deeper relationship with Him. Diane Paddison helps us dwell on the goodness of God, even in the midst of hardship.
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
We would like to thank our “That’s What Love Is 4” Gala and Celebration Dinner sponsors
Lisa and Clay Cooley
April and Mark Anthony
Erin and Bob Botsford
Gene and Jerry Jones Family Foundation
Reliant at Home
Lisa and Kenny Troutt
Kathleen and Bob Gray
Ka and LL Cotter & Kathyrn and David Waldrep
Melisa and JF Denis
Gemini Rosemont & Jones Day
Marci and Stan Johnson
Patricia and Lou Myers
Diane and Chris Paddison
Pickens Ridnour, LP & Trocchio Advantage
Locke Lord, LLP
Tandy and Lee Roy Mitchell
Sue Sullins, Brenda Teele & Wendy Whiteman
We would also like to thank our “That’s What Love is 4” Awards Luncheon and Celebration sponsors to-date:
Global Media Outreach
Kathryn and Gerald Tack
The Richards Group
Texas Floor Covering
- How to Be More Productive – Want to get more done? May Busch has some tips for you!
- Four Tips to Encourage Single Christian Women in Their Work – Kristin Brown with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics shares her support for single Christian women in the workplace, and features a quote from 4word Advisory Board member, Carolyn Custis James.
- God Has a Purpose in Your Disappointment – Rachelle Windham with Relevant Magazine urges us to view life’s disappointments as God’s investment plan.
Kindergarten to College Bucket List with Janet Denison – Kay Wyma discusses Godly parenting with Janet Denison on the Say Something vodcast.
Here’s How Much Sitting In Traffic Is Costing You – As if traffic itself wasn’t bad enough, Zamira Rahim explains how much money traffic is costing you.
Leverage Your Network to Find Your Next Side Hustle – Looking to find some part-time work outside of your day job? Rebecca Wessell has some ideas for you.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Virtual Book Study – With Lisa Clements – January through March
- “That’s What Love is 4″ Awards Luncheon and Celebration with Amy Grant – Dallas Country Club – February 24 @ 11:30AM
- “That’s What Love is 4″ Gala and Celebration Dinner with Amy Grant – Lisa and Kenny Troutt Residence (Dallas) – February 25 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – February 27 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday Frisco – February 27 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – Meet Up – February 28 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – Westlake/Central Small Group – March 2 @ 5:30PM
- San Diego – Lunch and Play – March 5 @ 2:00PM
- Nashville – After Work Event with Jenni Catron – March 6 @ 5:30PM
- San Francisco – Managing Relationships – March 7 @ 7:30PM
- Phoenix – March Event – March 8 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – March 10 @ 11:30AM
- Southlake – Book Study – March 14 @ noon
- Austin – Small Group Austin 360 – March 16 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Yoga Pant Coffee – March 18 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – North/Arboretum Small Group – March 19 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group – March 20 @ 6:30PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – March 27 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – March 27 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – Westlake/Central Small Group – April 6 @ 5:30PM
- Southlake – Book Study – April 11 @ noon
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – April 14 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North/Arboretum Small Group – April 16 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group – April 17 @ 6:30PM
- San Francisco – Speaker Series with Pattie Harvey – April 18 @ 7:00PM
- Southlake – “Identifying Your Spiritual Gifts” Event – April 18 @ 6:30PM
- Austin – Austin 360 Small Group – April 20 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – April 24 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – April 24 @ 5:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: USCF Benioff-Children’s Hospital
Location: Oakland, California
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals have placed among the nation’s premier children’s hospitals in all 10 pediatric specialties, and best in Bay Area in 5. The hospitals ranked among the top 25 in eight of the 10 specialties and were best in the Bay Area in five practices.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Payroll Director
USCF Benioff-Children’s Hospital – Oakland, CA
The Payroll Director reports to the Controller and is responsible for the leadership of the entire payroll function in a complex unionized environment with an estimated gross annual payroll of $200 million.
Job #2: Graphic Design Lead
PennWell – Nashua, NH
PennWell is looking for a Graphic Design Lead to create designs from initial planning stage to delivery, adhering to design briefs and instructions, and established brand guidelines. Multi-task various small and large-scale assignments, and to assist other designers in supporting roles when required. This position will act as liason between other designers and clients.
Job #3: Accountant/Office Manager
Undisclosed – Richardson, TX
A growing company is seeking an Accountant/Office Manager to perform the daily financial duties using Quickbooks, payroll and data entry. The Office Manager will also be responsible for coordinating team events, have a strong attention to detail as well as be an independent/self starter.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.