What You Missed
When God and Amy Grant showed up at the 4word Gala
This year’s 4word gala brought women together in an amazing way. From Amy Grant sharing her story and a beautiful performance, to the deep conversations we had with each other and with new 4word women, God’s presence was felt by all. Here are just a few of the powerful testimonies from the event!
Mentoring Monday radio show
Click here to listen to this week's episode
This week's Mentoring Monday radio show featured Deborah Johns.
- This Is How To Stop Checking Your Phone: 5 Secrets From Research - Eric Barker investigates why it’s so hard to kick the “phone junkie” out of ourselves, and lists five tips to really kick the habit.
- 5 Things You Need to Know Before Having Your First Kid - Austin Bonds with Relevant Magazine has five key pieces of advice for anyone looking to become a parent.
- My response to "A Day Without a Woman" - Jim Denison offers his insights and take on Wednesday's "A Day Without a Woman" movement.
All You Early Birds: Apply for the 4word Mentor Program NOW!: Looking for mentorship? Interested in serving as a mentor? Applications are being accepted now for the Summer Session of the 4word Mentor Program! (Deadline to apply is April 21, 2017)
Committing Our Work to the Lord During Lent: Kristin Brown writes about why she believes Christians should be offering up their professional lives during Lent.
What Americans Think About Women in Power: Barna reviews their most recent study, which focused on the public perception of women in places of influence or power in American society.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We'd love to see you there!
- Virtual Book Study - With Lisa Clements - January through March
- San Diego - Gathering - March 10 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas - Preston Center Book Study - March 10 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago - Power Breakfast in the City - March 14 @ 7:00AM
- Southlake - Book Study - March 14 @ noon
- Austin - Small Group Austin 360 - March 16 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas - Yoga Pant Coffee - March 18 @ 9:00AM
- Austin - North/Arboretum Small Group - March 19 @ 6:00PM
- Austin - Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group - March 20 @ 6:30PM
- Tulsa - March After Hours Event - March 23 @ 6:00PM
- Tulsa - Book Study - March 25 @ 9:30AM
- Dallas - Meet Up Monday - March 27 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas - Frisco Meet Up Monday - March 27 @ 5:30PM
- New York City - Happy Hour - April 4 @ 5:00PM
- Austin - Westlake/Central Small Group - April 6 @ 5:30PM
- Southlake - Book Study - April 11 @ noon
- Dallas - Preston Center Book Study - April 14 @ 11:30AM
- Austin - North/Arboretum Small Group - April 16 @ 6:00PM
- Austin - Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group - April 17 @ 6:30PM
- San Francisco - Speaker Series with Pattie Harvey - April 18 @ 7:00PM
- Southlake - "Identifying Your Spiritual Gifts" Event - April 18 @ 6:30PM
- Austin - Austin 360 Small Group - April 20 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas - Meet Up Monday - April 24 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas - Frisco Meet Up Monday - April 24 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas - Membership Luncheon - April 28 @ 11:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you're given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: MedProperties Holdings, LLC
Location: Dallas, Texas
MedProperties Holdings, LLC (“MedProperties”) is a niche private real estate investment firm that invests exclusively in healthcare assets throughout the United States. Acquisitions and developments include: medical office buildings, single tenant specialty facilities such as, ambulatory surgery centers, rehabilitation, behavioral and specialty hospitals, and limited seniors housing.
The firm operates with high integrity to support their employees and investor base. The leadership team has decades of experience in all aspects of real estate investment, development, management, finance and banking. The company’s culture is entrepreneurial, flexible and enjoyable with high expectations. Everyone’s contributions are key.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Real Estate Analyst
MedProperties - Dallas, TX
The ideal candidate will have experience working in commercial real estate in an analyst role. This is a high visibility position to the C Suite and decision makers. This opportunity requires excellent communication skills to interface with investors and the team, ability to manage priorities, proactive workstyle to be able to contribute to the team, maturity and solid computer skills. The role will require a self-starter who is comfortable working independently, as well as collaboratively. The candidate’s work will be used in critical decision making, reporting, investor relations, among other functions.
Job #2: Payroll Director
USCF Benioff-Children's Hospital - Oakland, CA
The Payroll Director reports to the Controller and is responsible for the leadership of the entire payroll function in a complex unionized environment with an estimated gross annual payroll of $200 million.
Job #3: Strategic Sales Specialist
Comdata - Brentwood, TN
Comdata is seeking a Strategic Sales Specialist to join our Corporate Payments sales team. The Strategic Sales Specialist drives sales by communicating, primarily by phone, with existing customers as well as new prospects. This individual also works directly with team members in the field providing support through administrative duties. These duties may include order processing/entry, price quotations, information input and management, RFP response, product training, scheduling appointments and/or other related tasks.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.