Tips for Making Your Workplace More Attractive to Women & Other Favorite Stories
What You Missed
Conquering my Alcohol Addiction
Martha Lumatete moved from Kenya to Texas fourteen years ago to pursue an international law degree. Full of dreams, she didn’t count on the deep stress of moving far from home and support, the demands of a corporate career, loss of loved ones and a struggling marriage. Drinking quickly turned from a social activity to a dangerous coping mechanism. Martha tells us her story of pain, repentance, and ultimate freedom found in Christ.
Mentoring Monday radio show
Click here to listen to this week’s episode
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Sandy Swider.
- 12 Podcasts That Will Make You a Better Leader – Lolly Daskal with Inc. ranks twelve leadership podcasts guaranteed to help you improve as a leader. One of the podcasts listed is Eternal Leadership by John Ramstead, a podcast previously featuring 4word!
- Why Relationships Are Worth the Risk of Getting Hurt – Scott Savage writes on Relevant Magazine about why you should put your heart on the line when it comes to relationships.
- Seek God First in Navigating Career Decisions – Russell Gerhlein writes on the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics blog and offers some guiding questions Christians can utilize when asking for wisdom about a career shift.
Apply for the 4word Mentor Program Today!: Looking for mentorship? Interested in serving as a mentor? Applications are being accepted now for the Summer Session of the 4word Mentor Program! (Deadline to apply is April 21, 2017)
16 Inspirational Women Instagrammers: Jacqueline DeMarco wants to help you make the most of your “Instagram scroll” by offering sixteen Instagrammers you should definitely be following.
7 Tips for Attracting, Engaging, and Supporting Women in Your Workplace – Steve Cody asked three top women executives how workplaces could become more attractive to professional women. Here are their answers!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Virtual Book Study – With Lisa Clements – January through March
- Dallas – Yoga Pant Coffee – March 18 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – North/Arboretum Small Group – March 19 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group – March 20 @ 6:30PM
- Tulsa – March Luncheon and Roundtable Discussion – March 21 @ noon
- Tulsa – March After Hours Event – March 23 @ 6:00PM
- Tulsa – Book Study – March 25 @ 9:30AM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – March 27 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – March 27 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – After Work Meetup – March 30 @ 5:30PM
- New York City – Happy Hour – April 4 @ 5:00PM
- Austin – Westlake/Central Small Group – April 6 @ 5:30PM
- Southlake – Book Study – April 11 @ noon
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – April 14 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North/Arboretum Small Group – April 16 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group – April 17 @ 6:30PM
- San Francisco – Speaker Series with Pattie Harvey – April 18 @ 7:00PM
- Southlake – “Identifying Your Spiritual Gifts” Event – April 18 @ 6:30PM
- Austin – Austin 360 Small Group – April 20 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – April 24 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – April 24 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Membership Luncheon – April 28 @ 11:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to email@example.com to begin the application process.
Featured Company: MedProperties Holdings, LLC
Location: Dallas, Texas
MedProperties Holdings, LLC (“MedProperties”) is a niche private real estate investment firm that invests exclusively in healthcare assets throughout the United States. Acquisitions and developments include: medical office buildings, single tenant specialty facilities such as, ambulatory surgery centers, rehabilitation, behavioral and specialty hospitals, and limited seniors housing.
The firm operates with high integrity to support their employees and investor base. The leadership team has decades of experience in all aspects of real estate investment, development, management, finance and banking. The company’s culture is entrepreneurial, flexible and enjoyable with high expectations. Everyone’s contributions are key.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Real Estate Analyst
MedProperties – Dallas, TX
The ideal candidate will have experience working in commercial real estate in an analyst role. This is a high visibility position to the C Suite and decision makers. This opportunity requires excellent communication skills to interface with investors and the team, ability to manage priorities, proactive workstyle to be able to contribute to the team, maturity and solid computer skills. The role will require a self-starter who is comfortable working independently, as well as collaboratively. The candidate’s work will be used in critical decision making, reporting, investor relations, among other functions.
Job #2: Payroll Director
USCF Benioff-Children’s Hospital – Oakland, CA
The Payroll Director reports to the Controller and is responsible for the leadership of the entire payroll function in a complex unionized environment with an estimated gross annual payroll of $200 million.
Job #3: Strategic Sales Specialist
Comdata – Brentwood, TN
Comdata is seeking a Strategic Sales Specialist to join our Corporate Payments sales team. The Strategic Sales Specialist drives sales by communicating, primarily by phone, with existing customers as well as new prospects. This individual also works directly with team members in the field providing support through administrative duties. These duties may include order processing/entry, price quotations, information input and management, RFP response, product training, scheduling appointments and/or other related tasks.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.