Giving Your Company to Christ & Other Favorite Stories
What You Missed :: latest from 4word
The Many Flavors of Motherhood
For this week’s interview, we talked with three 4word women, Cynthia Nwaubani, Hallie Graves and Diane Paddison, about their philosophy of motherhood. From parenting biological children to blending families to fostering kids, these moms have been through it all in their own unique way. Join us in celebrating the moms in our lives this week, starting with these three powerful stories!
Click here to listen to this week’s “Mentoring Monday” episode!
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Kathleen Cooke.
Top Three :: stories that work, love, & pray
- Is Homemaking Part of God’s Economy? – Anna Arnold writes on the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics blog about her investigation into the value a homemaking mother adds to the economy.
- Why I’m Teaching My Son to Be a Quitter – Dr. Anne Bradley writes on the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics about knowing when it’s time to quit and realign.
- How a Business Leader Learned to Give His Company to Christ and Intently Care for His People: Listen to a recent Dallas Theological Seminary podcast highlighting David Ridley, former CEO, Invesco Real Estate, former client of Diane Paddison, and friend of 4word women.
Take Notice :: our favorite stories of the week
4word Needs Interns!: Do you (or someone you know) need an internship? Want to learn new skills and grow your network at the same time? 4word has 8 internship opportunities in nearly every department of our organization. Apply by June 1st!
The Big Lie Everyone Believes About Having Kids: Erin McNeely offers her advice to any expectant or new parents thinking their other relationships won’t be affected by their new parenthood status.
Starving Myself Meant Losing Myself: Halee Gray Scott talks openly about her struggle to see herself in a mirror, not see a mirage, and quiet the crippling domination of eating disorders.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- San Diego – Gathering – May 12 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – May 12 @ noon
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group – May 15 @ 6:30PM
- Tulsa – May Luncheon and Sister Conversations – May 16 @ noon
- Austin – Austin 360 Small Group – May 18 @ 11:30AM
- Phoenix – Lunch Gathering – May 18 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North/Arboretum Small Group – May 21 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – May 22 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – May 22 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – Conversation To Inspire: Christine Baingana – May 25 @ 7:00AM
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – May 25 @ 7:00AM
- Tulsa – Book Study – May 27 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: USCF Benioff – Children’s Hospital
Location: Oakland, CA
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals have placed among the nation’s premier children’s hospitals in all 10 pediatric specialties, and best in Bay Area in 5. The hospitals ranked among the top 25 in eight of the 10 specialties and were best in the Bay Area in five practices.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Payroll Director
USCF Benioff-Children’s Hospital – Oakland, CA
The Payroll Director reports to the Controller and is responsible for the leadership of the entire payroll function in a complex unionized environment with an estimated gross annual payroll of $200 million.
Job #2: Associate Post Production Producer
PennWell – Tulsa, OK
This is a highly-creative position that serves as the main core production effort for the video production department. Reporting to the (Sr.) Field Production Manager, the Assoc. Field Producer delivers broadcast standard video products, and requires a clear, unique vision for co-developing, and executing innovative video content across the digital platforms that are assigned. This position acquires digital video mainly on location.
Job #3: Strategic Sales Specialist
Comdata – Brentwood, TN
Comdata is seeking a Strategic Sales Specialist to join our Corporate Payments sales team. The Strategic Sales Specialist drives sales by communicating, primarily by phone, with existing customers as well as new prospects. This individual also works directly with team members in the field providing support through administrative duties.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.