Starting next week, our Monday and Friday blogs and emails will have an all-new look and we can’t WAIT to show you! If you’re not already, sign up to receive our emails and let us know what you think of the refresh.
What You Missed :: latest from 4word
Summer Like a Kid Again
Does the thought of summer and planning activities for your kids exhaust you? If summer feels like more hard work and no break, take time to read Diane Paddison‘s advice on ways to help your kids get the most out of summer while scheduling time to recharge yourself and find rest in God.
Top Three :: stories that work, love, & pray
- 10 Women in Tech Give Their Younger Selves Advice – Danielle Newnham writes on LinkedIn and shares advice from ten female executives from which anyone in any profession could benefit.
- What the Church Gets Wrong About Singleness and Marriage – Preston Sprinkle with Relevant Magazine asks us to consider if our church is missing what the Bible teaches about singleness and marriage.
- How to Uproot the Fear of Failure—In Christ Alone – Caroline Cross writes on the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics blog about how Christ can destroy the roots of our fear of failing.
Take Notice :: our favorite stories of the week
This TED Talk Will Make You Think Twice About Brainstorming: Damon Brown takes a closer look at a recent TED Talk from OK Go that suggests brainstorming might not always lead to the most original ideas.
How To Hack Your Attention Span In Three Easy Steps: Jessica Hagy offers her advice for powering through the mental clutter we all encounter every day.
Six Ways Men Can Support Women’s Discipleship: Trillia Newbell shares how male leaders in the church can empower women’s ministry, even if they have no clue where to start.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Portland – Top Golf Membership Event – June 3 @ 7:00PM
- New York City – Happy Hour Event – June 5 @ 5:30PM
- Oklahoma City – Gathering – June 6 @ 6:30PM
- San Diego – Gathering – June 9 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Book Study at the Preston Center – June 9 @ noon
- Portland – Summer Speaker Series – June 12 @ 7:00PM
- Chicago – Power Breakfast in the City – June 13 @ 7:00AM
- Nashville – “Rising Strong” Book Study – June 13 @ noon
- Southlake – Book Study – June 13 @ noon
- Dallas – Yoga Pant Coffee – June 17 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Summer Open House – June 19 @ 4:30PM
- San Antonio – Launch Event – June 21 @ 6:00PM
- Tulsa – Book Study – June 24 @ 9:00AM
- Houston – Day of Rest – June 24 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – June 26 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – June 26 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – June 27 @ 7:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.