Your weekly roundup :: November 6 – 10
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “Be Grateful (For Real)”
What does it really mean to be thankful? As Thanksgiving approaches, we’re talking all about gratitude. This week’s blog will help you answer the question: does gratitude come easily for you, or do you have a gratitude problem?
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Women, minorities take more seats in U.S. boardrooms
Sebastien Malo with Reuters dissects a recent study showing the benefits of having more women and minorities in U.S. boardrooms.
The Unsettling Truth Behind the #MeToo Movement
Hannah Anderson writes on Christianity Today about the recent #MeToo movement and something it pulled to the surface.
Why Dishwashing Matters in God’s Kingdom
Hugh Whelchel with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics reminds Christians of the importance of ALL work in God’s eyes.
Listen to our latest “Mentoring Monday” show
Our latest “Mentoring Monday” radio show featured Diane Paddison, debuting 4word’s new devotional, Be Refreshed, with Magnolia homes designer, Laura Stafford; former CEO, Popeyes, Cheryl Bachelder; Commissioner of The Salvation Army, Sharron Hudson; Christianity Today’s Katelyn Beaty; and Former First Lady Laura Bush’s Senior Advisor, Charity Wallace, just to a name a few of the contributors.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- 4word Virtual Bible Study – Every other Thursday – September 28 – December 28 @ 12PM CST
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – November 10 @ noon
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – Sunday Evening Series – November 12 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Power Breakfast in the City – November 14 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – “Rise and Shine” event – November 14 @ 7:00AM
- Atlanta – Relaunch Lunch – November 14 @ 11:30AM
- Southlake – Monthly Lunch – November 14 @ noon
- Nashville – Rising Strong Book Study – November 14 @ noon
- Tulsa – November Luncheon and Sister Conversations – November 14 @ noon
- Atlanta – Relaunch Happy Hour – November 14 @ 5:00PM
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – November 16 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – November 16 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North Small Group – November 16 @ noon
- San Diego – Gathering – November 17 @ 11:30AM
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – Sunday Evening Series – November 19 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – November 19 @ 6:00PM
- San Antonio – Gathering – November 21 @ 11:30AM
- Nashville – Book Study – November 21 @ noon
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – November 23 @ 7:00AM
- Tulsa – Book Study – November 25 @ 9:00AM
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – November 28 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – November 30 @ 7:00AM
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – Young Professionals – December 2 @ 10:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!