Your weekly roundup :: October 30 – November 3
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “How To Rank Your Priorities”
We’re digging in one last time to the topic of priorities with a look at some of the best wisdom around setting priorities. From getting back to the basics of priorities to how to prioritize when it feels like everything is a priority, you won’t want to miss these great priority-setting resources!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
9 Actions Successful Leaders Take Daily That Speak Louder Than Words
John Rampton with Entrepreneur shares a list of practices impactful leaders implement daily.
4 Things That Come Out of Healthy Conflict
Jonathan Malim with Relevant Magazine urges a proper response to conflict, if you want to have things end well.
Willow Creek Chooses Co-Ed Pastors to Succeed Bill Hybels
Kate Shellnutt with Christianity Today dives deeper into Willow Creek’s historic decision to elect a female lead pastor, becoming the biggest megachurch to do so.
Listen to our latest “Mentoring Monday” show
Our latest “Mentoring Monday” radio show featured Diane Paddison, debuting 4word’s new devotional, Be Refreshed, with Magnolia homes designer, Laura Stafford; former CEO, Popeyes, Cheryl Bachelder; Commissioner of The Salvation Army, Sharron Hudson; Christianity Today’s Katelyn Beaty; and Former First Lady Laura Bush’s Senior Advisor, Charity Wallace, just to a name a few of the contributors.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- 4word Virtual Bible Study – Every other Thursday – September 28 – December 28 @ 12PM CST
- Nashville – Book Study – November 7 @ noon
- Dallas – Fall Fellowship Bible Study with PCPC – November 8 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – November 9 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – November 9 @ 7:30AM
- Portland – November Luncheon – November 9 @ noon
- Houston – Speaker Series Event – November 9 @ 5:30PM
- Phoenix – Happy Hour – November 9 @ 6:00PM
- NYC – Partners with VOCA Center – November 9 @ 6:45PM
- New Song – Gathering – November 9 @ 7:00PM
- San Diego – Gathering – November 10 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – November 10 @ noon
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – Sunday Evening Series – November 12 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Power Breakfast in the City – November 14 @ 7:00AM
- Atlanta – Relaunch Lunch – November 14 @ 11:30AM
- Southlake – Monthly Lunch – November 14 @ noon
- Nashville – Rising Strong Book Study – November 14 @ noon
- Tulsa – November Luncheon and Sister Conversations – November 14 @ noon
- Atlanta – Relaunch Happy Hour – November 14 @ 5:00PM
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – November 16 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – November 16 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North Small Group – November 16 @ noon
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – Sunday Evening Series – November 19 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – November 19 @ 6:00PM
- San Antonio – Gathering – November 21 @ 11:30AM
- Nashville – Book Study – November 21 @ noon
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – November 23 @ 7:00AM
- Tulsa – Book Study – November 25 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!