Your weekly roundup :: December 4 – 8
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “The Gift of Reflection”
December is here, and with it comes a mix of emotions: excitement for the holiday season, stress over earning those year-end bonuses, and maybe even sadness over a loss or failure you faced this year. Join us as we reflect on the year behind us and set ourselves up for success in the New Year.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Order Be Refreshed by Tuesday, December 12, and receive free shipping! Also, if you order 2 or more copies, you can get 15% off your order.
Click here to order!
Our work, love, pray favorites
The First American Woman to Win the NYC Marathon in 40 Years Needed Just 3 Words to Reveal the Secret to Success
Jeff Haden with Inc. uses Shalene Flanagan’s inspiring story and example as inspiration for anyone pushing to succeed in any area of life.
What the New Midlife Crisis Means for Christian Women
Bronwyn Lea with Christianity Today shares how women dealing with never ending stress can find solace in this gospel message.
When You Are Passed Over
Glenn Brooke writes on the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics blog and lists three important responses to have when you get passed over at work.
Listen to the latest Mentoring Monday radio show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Lee Blaylock!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- 4word Virtual Bible Study – Every other Thursday – September 28 – December 28 @ 12PM CST
- San Diego – December Gathering – December 8 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Christmas Party – December 10 @ 4:00PM
- New Song – Gathering – December 10 @ 4:00PM
- Southlake – Christmas Mix – December 11 @ 5:00PM
- New York City – Christmas Power Breakfast – December 12 @ 7:30AM
- Nashville – Rising Strong Book Study – December 12 @ noon
- Chicago – Christmas Open House and Gift Drive – December 13 @ 5:30PM
- Phoenix – Hope Changes Everything with Rachel Sherburne – December 14 @ 11:30AM
- Atlanta – December Gathering – December 14 @ 11:30AM
- Portland – December Luncheon – December 14 @ noon
- San Antonio – Gathering – December 19 @ 11:30AM
- Nashville – Book Study – December 19 @ noon
- Tulsa – December Painting Party – December 19 @ 7:00PM
- Austin – North Small Group – December 21 @ noon
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – December 26 @ 7:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!