Is Your Job a Bad Fit?
Your weekly roundup :: November 27 – December 1
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “How to Choose Gratitude”
Thanksgiving has come and gone, but our spirit of gratitude doesn’t have to end. This week we’re talking about how to choose gratitude so you see God’s blessings in your life every day.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Thank you for helping us reach our #GivingTuesday goal! Your contributions gave us a great start to 4word’s year-end giving campaign. We’ll be sharing more of your #My4wordStory throughout December. Share with us how 4word has impacted your life!
Our work, love, pray favorites
How Leaders Can Help Employees Cope With Holiday Stress
Marissa Levin with Inc. shares what leaders in the workplace can do to support their team members during the sometimes stressful holiday time.
How to Pray for Your Love Life (When You Don’t Have One)
Debra K. Fileta writes on Relevant Magazine on the importance of living life now but also preparing yourself for your future.
What Do I Do If My Job Is a Bad Fit?
Russell Gehrlein writes on the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics blog and talks through a good response when you feel like your job might not be “the one” for you.
Listen to the latest Mentoring Monday radio show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Sandra Crawford-Williamson!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- 4word Virtual Bible Study – Every other Thursday – September 28 – December 28 @ 12PM CST
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – Young Professionals – December 2 @ 10:00AM
- Portland – Annual Christmas Cocktail Party – December 2 @ 4:00PM
- Austin – Christmas Open House – December 4 @ 5:00PM
- Houston – Holiday Party – December 4 @ 6:00PM
- Nashville – Book Study – December 5 @ noon
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – December 7 @ 7:00AM
- Seattle – December Gathering – December 7 @ 6:00PM
- San Diego – December Gathering – December 8 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Christmas Party – December 10 @ 4:00PM
- New Song – Gathering – December 10 @ 4:00PM
- Southlake – Christmas Mix – December 11 @ 5:00PM
- Chicago – Power Breakfast in the City – December 12 @ 7:00AM
- Nashville – Rising Strong Book Study – December 12 @ noon
- Chicago – Christmas Open House and Gift Drive – December 13 @ 5:30PM
- Phoenix – Hope Changes Everything with Rachel Sherburne – December 14 @ 11:30AM
- Atlanta – December Gathering – December 14 @ 11:30AM
- Portland – December Luncheon – December 14 @ noon
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – December 17 @ 6:00PM
- San Antonio – Gathering – December 19 @ 11:30AM
- Nashville – Book Study – December 19 @ noon
- Tulsa – December Painting Party – December 19 @ 7:00PM
- Austin – North Small Group – December 21 @ noon
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – December 26 @ 7:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!