How Humility Can Save Your Marriage
Your weekly roundup :: February 5 – 9
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “Is This Why Relationships Fail?”
February isn’t February without a torrential downpour of hearts and roses and candy. But why are so many relationships doomed before they even have a chance to start? If healthy relationships are elusive in your life, this week’s blog is for you.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Navigating Your Career as a Christian in the Workplace
4word founder Diane Paddison recently participated in a panel discussion on navigating your career as a Christian woman in the workplace at Gateway Church in Dallas, TX. Moderated by 4word Board member Kelly McDermott Thurman, panelists gave answers to tough career questions about being a Christian in the business world. Take a listen and be encouraged as you live out your faith at work!
How Humility Holds Marriages Together
Kaitlin Curtice with Relevant Magazine shares four tips to help you and your spouse heed God’s call to partnership in marriage.
God Came to Me in My Cancer
Kate Bowler writes on Christianity Today about receiving a terminal cancer diagnosis and the surprising result from her new walk with God through this trying time.
Listen to the latest Mentoring Monday radio show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Sandy Olsson!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- San Diego – February Gathering – February 9 @ 11:30AM
- Phoenix – February Hike Gathering – February 10 @ 8:30AM
- Willow Creek (Chicago) – Work, Love, Pray series with Kathryn Tack – February 10 @ 9:00AM
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – “Working Women of the Bible” Study – February 11 @ 6:00PM
- Houston – Rice Military Bible Study – February 13 @ 6:45AM
- Chicago – February Power Breakfast in the City – February 13 @ 7:00AM
- Southlake – Monthly Luncheon – February 13 @ noon
- NYC – An Evening with Gabrielle Sulzberger – February 13 @ 6:00PM
- San Francisco – Valentine’s Gathering – February 13 @ 6:00PM
- Houston – Spring Branch Speaker Series – February 15 @ 7:30AM
- Phoenix – February Lunch Gathering – February 15 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North Small Group – February 15 @ noon
- Chicago – Lunch Discussion – February 16 @ noon
- Southlake – Yoga Pants and Coffee Hour – February 17 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – February 18 @ 6:00PM
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – “Working Women of the Bible” Study – February 18 @ 6:00PM
- Houston – Rice Military Bible Study – February 20 @ 6:45AM
- San Antonio – Gathering – February 20 @ 11:30AM
- Tulsa – February Luncheon and Sister Conversations – February 20 @ noon
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – February 20 @ 6:00PM
- Houston – Spring Branch Speaker Series – February 22 @ 7:30AM
- Detroit – February Gathering – February 22 @ 6:00PM
- Colorado Springs – February Gathering – February 22 @ 6:30PM
- Willow Creek (Chicago) – Work, Love, Pray series with Kathryn Tack – February 24 @ 9:00AM
- 4word Gala – “Wild and Wonderful Evening with the Bush Sisters” – February 24 @ 5:30PM
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – “Working Women of the Bible” Study – February 25 @ 6:00PM
- Houston – Rice Military Bible Study – February 27 @ 6:45AM
- Chicago – February Speaker Series Event – February 27 @ 5:30PM
- Atlanta – February Wine Education Event – February 27 @ 6:00PM
- Springfield – Gathering – February 28 @ 11:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!