What Older Women Bring to the Workplace
Your weekly roundup :: March 12 – 16
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “How a Nike Executive Found Her Confidence at Work”
Former Nike executive and current 4word board member Patty Ross had an amazing 34-year-long career with Nike that was in line with her vision for her life… and yet, she struggled for years with lack of confidence and self-doubt in the value she brought to the table. Read how she reclaimed her confidence!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
It’s Time to Celebrate What Older Women Bring to the Workplace
Kejal MacDonald with Market Watch explains why companies with women leaders over 50 are at a competitive advantage.
Babies Need Their Moms. But Moms Need Paid Leave.
Katelyn Beaty with Christianity Today interviews researcher Erica Komisar, who recently completed an in-depth study on the effect a mother has on the first three years of a child’s life, if she’s present full-time.
Stop Excommunicating Christians Who Disagree with You
Margaret Philbrick writes on Relevant Magazine and urges churches to do everything they can to avoid falling victim to “context collapse.”
Listen to the latest Mentoring Monday radio show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Karen Jordan-Markham!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Chicago – March Luncheon – March 16 @ noon
- Southlake – Yoga Pants and Coffee Hour – March 17 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – March 18 @ 6:00PM
- Houston – Rice Military Bible Study – March 20 @ 6:45AM
- San Antonio – March Gathering – March 20 @ 11:30AM
- San Francisco – March Gathering – March 20 @ 6:00PM
- New York City – March Gathering – March 20 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Spring Branch Bible Study – March 22 @ 7:30AM
- Dallas – March Yoga Pants Coffee – March 24 @ 7:00AM
- Willow Creek (Chicago) – Work, Love, Pray series with Kathryn Tack – March 24 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – March Meet Up Monday – March 26 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Rice Military Bible Study – March 27 @ 6:45AM
- Austin – South Happy Hour – March 27 @ 5:30PM
- Springfield – March Gathering – March 28 @ 11:30AM
- Houston – Spring Branch Bible Study – March 29 @ 7:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!