A Father’s ‘Reckless Love’
Your weekly roundup :: June 11 – 15
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “Finding Joy After Losing a Child”
Anna Bauereis, a devoted mom and successful business owner, lost her son when he was tragically killed in 2016. Read Anna’s powerful story about turning her grief into not just a new purpose in life, but also her joy.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Are you a real, passionate, faithful woman who would love to be part of a global community of Christian women in the workplace? 4word is currently searching for a Manager of Marketing, Local Group Assistant, and interns! Click here for information on the Manager of Marketing position, click here for information on the Local Group Assistant position, and click here for information on the 4word Intern Program.
Please direct applications and questions to Irrayna Uribe, Manager of Operations and Human Resources, by email: email@example.com
Our work, love, pray favorites
How I Accelerated My Career: Listening to Understand
Helene Lerner with Women Working interviews James Fairweather to get his insight on how to listen with the intent to understand.
3 Things to Remember When Your Spouse Lets You Down
John Hindley writes on Relevant about how couples should face the expected reality of imperfect behavior in marriage.
Cory Asbury Tells the Story Behind ‘Reckless Love’
Relevant Magazine interviewed Cory Asbury, songwriter of “Reckless Love,” who talks about how his relationship with his father influenced this chart-topping worship song.
Listen to the latest Mentoring Monday radio show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Valerie Sokolosky!
4word is generously sponsored by James Avery
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Southlake – June Yoga Pants and Coffee Hour – June 16 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – June Yoga Pant Coffee – June 16 @ 9:00AM
- New York – June Gathering – June 19 @ 6:30PM
- San Antonio – June Gathering – June 19 @ 11:45AM
- San Francisco – Meeting with Diane Paddison – June 19 @ 6:00PM
- Tulsa – June Luncheon and Sister Conversations – June 19 @ noon
- 4word Bay Area: Silicon Valley – Meeting with Diane Paddison – June 20 @ 6:00PM
- Detroit – June Gathering – June 21 @ 6:00PM
- Colorado Springs – Summer Series – June 21 @ 6:30PM
- Atlanta – Monthly Luncheon – June 21 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – June Meet-Up Monday – June 25 @ 5:30PM
- Springfield – June Gathering – June 27 @ 11:30AM
- Charlotte – June Gathering – June 28 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Support Foster Village – June 30 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!