How to Become Mentally Strong
Your weekly roundup :: September 10 – 14
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “Your Purpose is Your ‘Why'”
Kristin Brown was doing all the “right” things, but still felt disappointed when she struggled with singleness through her 30s. Read how God used her grief to reveal her true “why” and her advice for finding your own God-given purpose.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Donate to 4word National Giving Week Campaign
Your donation provides opportunities for women to develop authentic relationships and gain wisdom from someone who’s walked their path.
Our work, love, pray favorites
5 (Lame) Excuses for Not Focusing on Your Career
Afraid of looking back on your career with regret? May Busch lists five reasons many of us don’t go after our career dreams and how we can combat those excuses.
7 Keys to Being a Mentally Strong Woman
Theresa Amoruso writes on WomenWorking about how to build yourself up mentally.
The Real Dignity of Working at Trader Joe’s (and All Work)
Hugh Whelchel with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics dives deeper into the recent story of actor Geoffrey Owens working at a Trader Joe’s and the message that applies to all of us.
Listen to an interview with 4word woman and entrepreneur Heidi Rasmussen!
Listen to Point of View’s interview with 4word Advisory Board Member Heidi Rasmussen!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- San Diego – Gathering – September 14 @ 11:30AM
- Southlake – Yoga Pants and Coffee Hour – September 15 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – Yoga Pant Coffee – September 15 @ 9:00AM
- San Antonio – Monthly Gathering – September 18 @ 11:45AM
- Tulsa – Monthly Luncheon and Sister Conversations – September 18 @ noon
- Austin – Lake Travis Small Group – Septmeber 18 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – North After-Work Meetup – September 18 @ 5:30PM
- Bay Area – San Francisco Gathering – September 18 @ 6:00PM
- New York City – September Event – September 18 @ 7:00PM
- Austin – South After-Work Meetup – September 19 @ TBD
- Chicago – September Social – September 20 @ 5:30PM
- Colorado Springs – September Gathering – September 20 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – “Write Your Story” event – September 20 @ 6:00PM
- Southlake – Fall Quarterly Event – September 20 @ 6:30PM
- Phoenix – Giving Day – September 20 @ noon
- Austin – North Small Group – September 20 @ 11:45AM
- Chicago – September Luncheon – September 21 @ noon
- GateWay City Church – September Gathering – September 26 @ 7:00PM
- Springfield – September Gathering – September 26 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – September Meet-Up Monday – September 26 @ 6:00PM
- Charlotte – Monthly Luncheon – September 27 @ 11:45AM
- Philadelphia – Luncheon with Carolyn Custis James – September 27 @ 8:00AM
- Portland – Social and Afternoon in Wine Country – September 29 @ 10:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!