Is God At Work in Hollywood?
Your weekly roundup :: February 18 – 22
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Don’t miss your chance to hear from Joanna Gaines’ design lead and HGTV’s co-founder!
There’s still time for you to secure your tickets to spend the evening with us on March 2 at the Renaissance Hotel in Dallas, Texas! Come enjoy a night filled with powerful speakers Susan Packard, HGTV co-founder, and Laura Tucker, Joanna Gaines’ design lead, and take part in our exciting silent auction featuring items and experiences that cater to a variety of interests. We can’t wait to see you there!
Click here to purchase your tickets or to secure an entire table for you and your party!
Do These 4 Things Before Disclosing a Personal Issue at Work
Don’t we all like to have a plan? The most important plan we can have is a “God Plan” for that moment when you’re trying to decide whether or not to talk about a personal issue at work. Here are four things you should do before disclosing anything personal.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Listen to this month’s episode Don’t Hold It In — Emotions in the Workplace feat. Brenda Bertrand
Brenda Bertrand, communications specialist and life coach, joins the podcast to dive into emotions and their role in the workplace. Brenda shares from the heart about how to find that healthy emotional balance that will benefit you and your office. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Why gaslighting is holding women back in the workplace
Lydia Smith writes on Yahoo Finance and explains an unfortunately common phenomena causing women to second guess themselves at work.
Having Mental Health Issues Doesn’t Mean You’re a Bad Christian
Bonnie Gray writes on Relevant Magazine about her personal journey with mental health and the revelations about Christian misconceptions she learned along the way.
Four Myths About God at Work in Hollywood
Steve Lindsey with The Institute for Faith, Work & Economics writes about why those with creative gifts should be celebrated and how God can be working through them.
Listen to the latest Mentoring Monday radio show!
Listen to the latest episode of Mentoring Monday, featuring Jennifer Cook!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Willow Creek/Chicago – “Work, Love, Pray” Leadership Series – February 23 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – February After-Work Meet Up North – February 25 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – February After-Work Meet Up South – February 25 @ 5:30PM
- Springfield – February Gathering – February 26 @ 11:30AM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley February Gathering – February 28 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – March 2 @ 10:00AM
- Nashville – Spring Gathering – March 4 @ 5:30PM
- San Diego – La Jolla March Gathering – March 5 @ 6:30PM
- Seattle – March Gathering – March 7 @ 6:30PM
- Twin Cities – Launch Event – March 7 @ 4:30PM
- San Diego – March Luncheon – March 8 @ 11:30AM
- Milwaukee – Metro Milwaukee March Gathering – March 9 @ 9:30AM
- Phoenix – Get Out and Hike! – March 9 @ 8:00AM
- Baltimore – Kick Off Celebration! – March 11 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Chester County March Gathering – March 11 @ 6:00PM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley March Gathering – March 12 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – March Power Breakfast – March 12 @ 7:00AM
- Colorado Springs – March Business Owners Breakfast – March 12 @ 8:00AM
- Southlake – March Lunch – March 12 @ noon
- Austin – Lago Vista Small group – March 13 @ TBD
- Philadelphia – Midtown/Market East Gathering – March 13 @ 6:00PM
- Detroit – March Gathering – March 14 @ 6:00PM
- Phoenix – March Lunch Gathering – March 14 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago – March Luncheon – March 15 @ noon
- Chicago/Willow Creek – “Work, Love, Pray” Leadership Series – March 16 @ 9:00AM
- Southlake – Coffee and Yoga Pant Meetup – March 16 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Lakeway/Bee Cave Gathering – March 19 @ TBD
- New York City – March Gathering – March 19 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – March Luncheon – March 19 @ 11:45AM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District – March 20 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Gathering – March 21 @ TBD
- Colorado Springs – March Happy Hour – March 21 @ 4:30PM
- Springfield – March Gathering – March 26 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago/Willow Creek – “Work, Love, Pray” Leadership Series – March 30 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!