Your weekly roundup :: May 13 – 17
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Have you ever felt “off” and not known why? Do you tend to go out of your way to make others feel better so that you feel a little better, even if it’s a temporary relief? Dr. Shannan Crawford, licensed psychologist and 4word woman, walks through what could be triggering you to feel like this and how you can get yourself in a healthier place.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
All of us will have an “off” day here and there, but what do you do when those days turn into weeks or months? Dr. Deb Gorton, licensed clinical psychologist, shares her expertise on mental health and mental illness, and dives into how the church can better support those within their congregation who are dealing with mental illness. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Neena Newberry discusses things working mothers (and anyone in the workplace, to be honest!) should keep in mind when drawing the boundaries around their schedules.
Debra Fileta with True Love Dates shares from the heart about what to expect will change within you after becoming husband and wife.
Jimmy Myers writes on Relevant Magazine about why the world views Christians as hypocritical and judgmental and what we can do to change that stigma.
Listen to the latest episode of Mentoring Monday, featuring Kim Vastine!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Washington D.C. – Launch Event – May 17 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago – Willow Creek “Work, Love, Pray” Series – May 18 @ 9:00AM
- Southlake – May Coffee & Yoga Pant Meetup – May 18 @ 9:00AM
- SF Bay Area-Silicon Valley – May Gathering – May 20 @ 7PM
- Austin – Lakeway/Bee Cave Gathering – May 21 @ Noon
- New York City – May Gathering – May 21 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – May Luncheon – May 21 @ 11:45AM
- SF Bay Area-San Francisco – Leading with Faith – May 21 6PM
- Twin Cities – May Happy Hour – May 21 4:30PM
- Dallas – Journal2Success – May 24 6:30PM
- Springfield – May Gathering – May 28 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago – May Luncheon – May 31 @ Noon
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.