Your weekly roundup :: May 27 – 31
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Our goal for this month was to play a part in removing the stigma surrounding mental health, and we pray that we have been able to do just that. No one should feel ashamed to be honest about how they’re feeling, especially when it could be a potentially dangerous feeling that requires outside assistance. As this month comes to an end, we want to bring our conversation to a close with some encouragement to find God’s peace hidden in your feelings.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
All of us will have an “off” day here and there, but what do you do when those days turn into weeks or months? Dr. Deb Gorton, licensed clinical psychologist, shares her expertise on mental health and mental illness, and dives into how the church can better support those within their congregation who are dealing with mental illness. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Stacey Hanke with Forbes lays out the times that call for apologies and the times when you should take a different approach.
For her birthday, May Busch reminisces about young May and what advice she would give her now.
Colleen Carroll Campbell with Christianity Today offers her insight on why striving for holiness is a hard challenge and shares the real key to attaining it.
Listen to the latest episode of Mentoring Monday, featuring Kim Vastine!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Chicago – May Luncheon – May 31 @ Noon
- San Diego – La Jolla and San Diego Joint Event – June 4 @ 6:30PM
- Colorado Springs – Book Club – June 6 @ 7:00PM
- Seattle – June Gathering – June 6 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Member Insiders “Holy Yoga” – June 8 @ 9:30AM
- Milwaukee – June Gathering – June 8 @ 9:30AM
- Washington D.C. – Metro Area Quarterly Foodie Friendzie at Succotash – June 8 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – June 9 @ 5:30PM
- Baltimore – June Gathering – June 10 @ 6:30PM
- Philadelphia – Chester County Gathering – June 10 @ 6:00PM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley June Gathering – June 11 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – June Power Breakfast – June 11 @ 7:00AM
- Colorado Springs – June Lady Boss Breakfast – June 11 @ 8:00AM
- Southlake – June Lunch – June 11 @ noon
- Phoenix – Faith, Friends & Fun – June 13 @ 5:30PM
- Saratoga Springs – Coffee Gathering – June 15 @ 9:30AM
- Southlake – Coffee & Yoga Pants Meetup – June 15 @ 9:00AM
- New York City – June Gathering – June 18 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – June Luncheon – June 18 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – June 19 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – June Gathering – June 19 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – June 19 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Gathering – June 20 @ TBD
- Colorado Springs – June Thirsty Thursday – June 20 @ 4:30PM
- Portland – June Luncheon – June 20 @ noon
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – June 22 @ 10:00AM
- Washington D.C. – Metro Area Quarterly Foodie Friendzie at Salt Line – June 22 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Summer Open House – June 23 @ 5:30PM
- Springfield – June Gathering – June 25 @ 11:30AM
- Colorado Springs – Enneagram Book Club for Couples – June 27 @ TBD
- Chicago – June Luncheon – June 28 @ noon
- Colorado Springs – Network in Style – June 29 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.