Your weekly roundup :: April 29 – May 3
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY to sign up for the next 4word Mentor Program class!
We would love to have you join us for our summer session of the 4word Mentor Program! This 10-week program pairs each mentee with a hand-picked 4word mentor, a Christian woman who’s walked a path similar to yours and can help guide you down your own.
If you’ve been looking for some career guidance from a Christian perspective, sign up for the 4word Mentor Program by May 3!
Here’s The Only Confidence Boost You’ll Ever Need
Through this month’s discussion, we’ve seen just how far reaching imposter syndrome can be. Women deal with it, men deal with it, CEOs deal with it, and recent college graduates deal with it. We all want to excel and be seen as successful and contributing, yet something within ourselves constantly feeds us the lie that we are frauds and not able to be who we aspire to be. So how do we break this “not enough” cycle?
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Listen to Episode 8 now!
All of us will have an “off” day here and there, but what do you do when those days turn into weeks or months? Dr. Deb Gorton, licensed clinical psychologist, shares her expertise on mental health and mental illness, and dives into how the church can better support those within their congregation who are dealing with mental illness. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
5 Successful Women Share Their Best Advice for Finding a Mentor
Glassdoor shares on Thrive Global five testimonials of highly successful who all have one “secret to success” in common: mentorship.
7 Success Factors for Working Mothers
May Busch shares her tips for mothers wanting to stick to their big career aspirations while giving their families the attention they deserve.
7 Real-Life Struggles That Jesus Can Identify With
Shane Pruitt with Relevant Magazine highlights real-life struggles we face that Jesus can relate to and offer comfort for.
Listen to the latest Mentoring Monday radio show!
Listen to the latest episode of Mentoring Monday, featuring Marlene Bizub!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Chicago – Willow Creek “Work, Love, Pray” Series – May 4 @ 9:00AM
- Houston – May Gathering – Day of Rest – May 4 @ 10:00AM
- Austin – After-Work Meetup North – May 6 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – After-Work Meetup South – May 6 @ 5:30PM
- San Antonio – Happy Hour – May 7 @ 4:30PM
- San Diego – La Jolla May Gathering – May 7 @ 6:30PM
- Austin – Lago Vista Small Group – May 8 @ TBD
- Nashville – Citywide Gathering – May 9 @ 6:00PM
- Milwaukee – Metro Milwaukee May Gathering – May 11 @ 9:30AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – May 11 @ 10:00AM
- Baltimore – May Gathering – May 13 @ 6:30PM
- Philadelphia – Chester County Gathering – May 13 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – May Power Breakfast – May 14 @ 7:00AM
- Colorado Springs – May Lady Boss Breakfast – May 14 @ 8:00AM
- Southlake – May Lunch – May 14 @ noon
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – May 15 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – May Gathering – May 15 @ 5:00PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – May 15 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Gathering – May 16 @ TBD
- Colorado Springs – May Happy Hour – May 16 @ 6:00PM
- Philadelphia – Spring Event – May 16 @ noon
- Phoenix – Faith, Friends & Fun Gathering – May 16 @ 5:30PM
- Washington D.C. – Launch Event – May 17 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago – Willow Creek “Work, Love, Pray” Series – May 18 @ 9:00AM
- Southlake – May Coffee & Yoga Pant Meetup – May 18 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Lakeway/Bee Cave Gathering – May 21 @ TBD
- New York City – May Gathering – May 21 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – May Luncheon – May 21 @ 11:45AM
- Springfield – May Gathering – May 28 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago – May Luncheon – May 31 @ noon
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.