Your weekly roundup :: June 24 – 28
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
How has your life simplified this month? Do you feel like you are facing each day with more intentionality? This notion of living simply and with intention really does bleed over into every area of your life. Some of us may need to simplify our work situation, others may need to simplify our financial obligations, and there are probably many of us that need to simplify our personal obligations.
Join us as we wrap up this month’s conversation on simplicity and intentional living!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
On a scale of one to ten, how much joy does your life currently bring you? Marie Kondo shook us all (in the best possible way) with her quest to help us simplify our homes and let them truly bring us peace and joy. But why let our houses have all the fun? Sandy Olsson, founder of The Master’s Program for Women and a 4word Mentor, joins the podcast to talk about how to simplify your life and give yourself the chance to live intentionally. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Kathy Caprino with Forbes talks about the dysfunction of corporate America today and what can be done about it.
Nicky Koziarz with Relevant Magazine lists five questions you should ask yourself before bailing out of a difficult situation.
Jessica Hooten Wilson writes on Christianity Today to discuss how we wittingly or unwittingly court evil until it claims authority over us.
Liz Bohannon went through the 4word Mentor Program in 2016 and was introduced by her mentor to a CEO that helped change her company’s (Sseko) business model, which enabled her business to triple in 2017. Liz shares her story here with RightNow Media.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Chicago – June Luncheon – June 28 @ noon
- Colorado Springs – Network in Style – June 29 @ 9:00AM
- Oklahoma City – Meet Up – June 29 @ 10:30AM
- San Diego – La Jolla July Gathering – July 2 @ 6:30PM
- Philadelphia – Chester County July Gathering – July 8 @ 6:00PM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley July Gathering – July 9 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – July Power Breakfast – July 9 @ 7:00AM
- Colorado Springs – July Lady Boss Breakfast – July 9 @ 8:00AM
- Seattle – July Gathering – July 11 @ 6:30PM
- Colorado Springs – July Happy Hour – July 12 @ 6:00PM
- Milwaukee – July Gathering – July 13 @ 9:30AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden July Gathering – July 13 @ 10:00AM
- Washington D.C. – Metro Area Quarterly Foodie Friendzie @ Salt Line – July 13 @ 11:30AM
- Bay Area – San Francisco July Social – July 16 @ 6:00PM
- San Antonio – July Luncheon – July 16 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – July 17 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – July Gathering – July 17 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District – July 17 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Gathering – July 18 @ TBD
- Phoenix – July Gathering – July 18 @ 6:00PM
- Portland – July Luncheon – July 18 @ noon
- Baltimore – July Gathering – July 20 @ 9:30AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group Gathering – July 21 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Summer Open House – July 23 @ 5:30PM
- New York – July Gathering – July 23 @ 7:00PM
- Springfield – July Gathering – July 23 @ 11:30AM
- Colorado Springs – Summer Quarterly Event – July 25 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Appreciation Event – July 25 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – July Luncheon – July 26 @ noon
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.