Your weekly roundup :: June 3 – 7
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Remember when summer was simple? Remember when life was simple? Earlier in the year, Marie Kondo was front-and-center of pretty much every casual conversation and Netflix queue. Who doesn’t want to find more joy in their life, especially if it means getting rid of physical clutter in your life? Why stop at physical clutter, though?
For June, we will be talking about how to simplify your life and live intentionally. Join us as we reclaim our lives, schedules, and sanity, and learn how to live with purpose!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
On a scale of one to ten, how much joy does your life currently bring you? Marie Kondo shook us all (in the best possible way) with her quest to help us simplify our homes and let them truly bring us peace and joy. But why let our houses have all the fun? Sandy Olsson, founder of The Master’s Program for Women and a 4word Mentor, joins the podcast to talk about how to simplify your life and give yourself the chance to live intentionally. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Tasha Eurich with Harvard Business Review shares three examples of why women are still not advancing in their careers as quickly as their male counterparts.
Debra Fileta with True Love Dates explains why forgiveness is the biggest barrier of trust when it comes to love.
Jesse Carey with Relevant Magazine interviews Louie Giglio to learn more about his latest book and how he hopes to reframe how Christians view their Heavenly Father.
The 2019 Divine Design 4word Gala was a truly magical night celebrating what God is doing through 4word! Watch this incredible video recap here, and be sure to mark your calendars now for the 2020 Gala with Laura Bush on February 22nd.
If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor for the 2020 Gala with Laura Bush, download the sponsorship form here.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Austin – Member Insiders “Holy Yoga” – June 8 @ 9:30AM
- Milwaukee – June Gathering – June 8 @ 9:30AM
- Washington D.C. – Metro Area Quarterly Foodie Friendzie at Succotash – June 8 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – June 9 @ 5:30PM
- Baltimore – June Gathering – June 10 @ 6:30PM
- Philadelphia – Chester County Gathering – June 10 @ 6:00PM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley June Gathering – June 11 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – June Power Breakfast – June 11 @ 7:00AM
- Colorado Springs – June Lady Boss Breakfast – June 11 @ 8:00AM
- Southlake – June Lunch – June 11 @ noon
- Phoenix – Faith, Friends & Fun – June 13 @ 5:30PM
- Saratoga Springs – Coffee Gathering – June 15 @ 9:30AM
- Southlake – Coffee & Yoga Pants Meetup – June 15 @ 9:00AM
- Nashville – Young Professionals Pool Bash + Holy Yoga – June 15 @ 6:00PM
- Twin Cities – June Lunch Meeting – June 17 @ 11:30AM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley Summer Meetup – June 18 @ 5:30PM
- New York City – June Gathering – June 18 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – June Luncheon – June 18 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – June 19 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – June Gathering – June 19 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – June 19 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Gathering – June 20 @ TBD
- Colorado Springs – June Thirsty Thursday – June 20 @ 4:30PM
- Portland – June Luncheon – June 20 @ noon
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – June 22 @ 10:00AM
- Washington D.C. – Metro Area Quarterly Foodie Friendzie at Salt Line – June 22 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Summer Open House – June 23 @ 5:30PM
- Springfield – June Gathering – June 25 @ 11:30AM
- Colorado Springs – Enneagram Book Club for Couples – June 27 @ TBD
- Chicago – June Luncheon – June 28 @ noon
- Colorado Springs – Network in Style – June 29 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.