Your weekly roundup :: June 10 – 14
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Building a solid foundation out of which your career can blossom is something we all would like to have but it’s not something all of us are either able to construct or able to maintain. A secure foundation provides a solid springboard for you to launch into each day with intentionality and a to-do list that will bring you life, not drain it from you.
At 4word, we are huge fans of internships to help professionals — brand new to experienced — center their focus on what they are being called to pursue. We asked three of our past interns to share with you about how being an intern helped them on their professional journey, and how going through the 4word Internship Program helped show them how they could live with intention.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
On a scale of one to ten, how much joy does your life currently bring you? Marie Kondo shook us all (in the best possible way) with her quest to help us simplify our homes and let them truly bring us peace and joy. But why let our houses have all the fun? Sandy Olsson, founder of The Master’s Program for Women and a 4word Mentor, joins the podcast to talk about how to simplify your life and give yourself the chance to live intentionally. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Kim Elsesser with Forbes lists the many ways women in the workplace can hold the high ground against the incoming automation many industries are expecting in the next few years.
Kenneth Reid with Relevant Magazine discusses why married couples shouldn’t try to recapture the “lost” magic of their marriage.
Elizabeth Moyer with The Institute for Faith, Work & Economics shares her personal tips for combatting making anxious decisions that don’t honor God’s plan for our lives.
We are so proud of the many Christian women who have gone through the 4word Mentor Program and used their 10 weeks with a mentor to help discover the next step(s) in their professional, personal, and spiritual lives. Watch this beautiful video of stories of 4word Mentors and Mentees to see for yourself why a program like this is so needed.
Sign ups for the fall session of the 4word Mentor Program will begin on July 20, 2019!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Saratoga Springs – Coffee Gathering – June 15 @ 9:30AM
- Southlake – Coffee & Yoga Pants Meetup – June 15 @ 9:00AM
- Nashville – Young Professionals Pool Bash + Holy Yoga – June 15 @ 6:00PM
- Twin Cities – June Lunch Meeting – June 17 @ 11:30AM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley Summer Meetup – June 18 @ 5:30PM
- New York City – June Gathering – June 18 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – June Luncheon – June 18 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – June 19 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – June Gathering – June 19 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – June 19 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Gathering – June 20 @ TBD
- Colorado Springs – June Thirsty Thursday – June 20 @ 4:30PM
- Portland – June Luncheon – June 20 @ noon
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – June 22 @ 10:00AM
- Washington D.C. – Metro Area Quarterly Foodie Friendzie at Salt Line – June 22 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Summer Open House – June 23 @ 5:30PM
- Springfield – June Gathering – June 25 @ 11:30AM
- Colorado Springs – Enneagram Book Club for Couples – June 27 @ TBD
- Chicago – June Luncheon – June 28 @ noon
- Colorado Springs – Network in Style – June 29 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.