Your weekly roundup :: August 12 – 16
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
It’s time for a new 4word Mentor Program class! If you’ve been thinking about getting a mentor for a while but just haven’t found a good fit, give our program a try.
Our mentor and mentee pairs are hand-picked according to the mentee’s goals and expectations for the mentorship, and our mentors all operate from a foundation of faith. Click here to sign up today!
Today’s world puts an undue amount of focus on the differences separating genders, races, and ethics. Instead of condemning the differences making each of us unique, why aren’t we celebrating the richness of those differences? Dr. Michelle Deering, clinical psychologist and Mother-Daughter Relationship Consultant, encourages all of us to stop keeping track of everything that sets us apart and instead start celebrating and empathizing with the uniqueness of our stories.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Racism, ageism, sexism, and many other issues affect us in the workplace and then bleed outside the office and into our daily lives, too. Joi Freeman, a highly successful business woman and 4word woman, talks about what it’s like to be a single woman of color in the workplace, and how her status carries over to the church. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Maren Thomas Bannon with Quartz shares the business world impact of women still having to worry about pregnant in the workplace.
Women Working explains why a woman’s strength comes from looking beyond herself.
Sharon Hodde Miller with Christianity Today discusses why God has not called us to be nice.
Don’t miss this week’s episode of Mentoring Monday, featuring Dr. Marlene Bizub.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Chicago – Willow Creek ONE YEAR SERIES – Work Love Pray | A Gathering for Professional Women – August 17 @ TBD
- Southlake – August Yoga Pant and Coffee Meetup – August 17 @ 9:00AM
- Bay Area – San Francisco August Gathering – August 20 @ 6:00PM
- New York City – Summer Celebration – August 20 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – August Luncheon – August 20 @ 11:45AM
- Saratoga Springs – August Gathering – August 20 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – August 21 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – August Gathering – August 21 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – August 21 @ 7:30AM
- Phoenix – August Lunch Gathering – August 22 @ 11:30AM
- Houston – August Gathering – Health & Fitness Priority for YOU 2019 – August 27 @ 6:00PM
- Springfield – August Gathering – August 27 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago – August Luncheon – August 30 @ noon
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.