Your weekly roundup :: September 9 – 13
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
It’s important to make sure that your community is truly the best fit for you, especially since they will likely serve as your support system many times throughout your connection with them. Joi Freeman returns to talk about some of her “must-haves” for community and what you can bring to the table to be a productive member of the group.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
In this episode, Dina Dwyer-Owens, Brand Ambassador and Board Member of Neighborly (formerly Dwyer Group®), talks about the single key to bringing your community to the next level of effectiveness: values. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
May Busch shares four tips for shifting from being indispensable at what you do and instead becoming indispensable for what you can become.
Debra Fileta with True Love Dates was interviewed by Fresh Life Church about how the health of your soul impacts your entire life.
Alison Cook writes on Relevant Magazine about “Jesus juking” and how it is often a sign of something much deeper in our psychology.
Don’t miss this week’s episode of Mentoring Monday, featuring Lisa Lewis.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Colorado Springs – September Happy Hour – September 13 @ 6:00PM
- Milwaukee – September Gathering – September 14 @ 9:30AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – September 14 @ 10:00AM
- Portland – Afternoon in Wine Country – September 14 @ 10:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – September 15 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – North Meet-up Monday – September 16 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – South Meet-up Monday – September 16 @ 5:30PM
- Bay Area – San Francisco September Gathering – September 17 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Finding Contentment panel – September 17 @ 5:30PM
- New York – September Gathering – September 17 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – September Luncheon – September 17 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – September 18 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – September Gathering – September 18 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – September 18 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Gathering – September 19 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – September Luncheon – September 19 @ noon
- Chicago – Willow Creek ONE YEAR SERIES – Work Love Pray | A Gathering for Professional Women – September 21 @ 9:00AM
- Saratoga Springs – September Gathering – September 21 @ 9:30AM
- Southlake – Coffee & Yoga Pant Meet-up – September 21 @ 9:00AM
- Springfield – September Gathering – September 24 @ 11:30AM
- Southlake – Quarterly Event – September 26 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – September Luncheon – September 27 @ noon
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.