Your weekly roundup :: September 30 – October 4
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Your unique gifts. Your special brand of you. Your skills are part of what helps your community thrive. God made YOU for a special purpose in your community. Read more about it in this week’s blog!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
All of us will experience grief in some way in our lifetimes, but grief is a special phenomena in that we will all walk through it in our own unique way. Kristin Brown, vice president of communications for the Institute for Faith, Work and Economics, shares her raw and real journey through grief and why she has come to liken grief to an empty canvas. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Jane Edison Stevenson writes on The Harvard Business Review about how dual-career couples should approach new job opportunities for either spouse.
Marshall Bright with She Knows highlights two female athletes paving the way for the future of their sport.
Courtney Ellis with Christianity Today interviews SBC teacher Ann White to learn how working with at-risk and abused women led her to fill an unexpected need.
4word Board member Pat Asp recently appeared on the Unleashing Your Leadership podcast with Guy Rodgers, where she answered the question, “Can Christian leaders successfully lead in a diverse marketplace?”
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Dallas – Central J2S October – October 4 @ 6:30PM
- Dallas – True J2S October – October 4 @ 6:30PM
- Chicago – Willow Creek ONE YEAR SERIES – Work Love Pray | A Gathering for Professional Women – October 5 @ 9:00AM
- Washington DC – Metro Area Gathering – October 5 @ 3:30PM
- Austin – Special Evening with Diane Paddison – October 8 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – October Power Breakfast – October 8 @ 7:00AM
- Colorado Springs – October Lady Boss Breakfast – October 8 @ 8:00AM
- Southlake – October Lunch – October 8 @ noon
- Austin – Lago Vista/North Shore Gathering – October 9 @ 8:00AM
- Tulsa – Evening with Diane Paddison – October 9 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Purpose in Work: Trusting God to Write Your Story – October 10 @ 6:00PM
- Colorado Springs – Movie and Book Night – October 11 @ 7:00PM
- Milwaukee – Metro Milwaukee October Gathering – October 12 @ 9:30AM
- Philadelphia – Chester County Gathering – October 14 @ 6:00PM
- Bay Area – San Francisco Gathering – October 15 @ 6:00PM
- New York – October Gathering – October 15 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – October Luncheon – October 15 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – October 16 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – October Monthly Study – October 16 @ 6:00PM
- Detroit – October Gathering – October 16 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – October 16 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Gathering – October 17 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – October Luncheon – October 17 @ noon
- Twin Cities – October Lunch Meeting – October 17 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago – Willow Creek ONE YEAR SERIES – Work Love Pray | A Gathering for Professional Women – October 19 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – Giving Back to our Community – The Mosaic Family Center Experience – October 19 @ 9:00AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – October 19 @ 10:00AM
- Southlake – Coffee & Yoga Pant Meetup – October 19 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – October 20 @ 6:00PM
- Springfield – October Gathering – October 22 @ 11:30AM
- Colorado Springs – Quarterly Gathering – October 24 @ 6:30PM
- Phoenix – October Happy Hour – October 24 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – October Luncheon – October 25 @ noon
- Saratoga Springs – October Gathering – October 26 @ 9:30AM
- Philadelphia – Recipe for a Remarkable Culture – October 29 @ 11:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.