Your weekly roundup :: October 7 – 11
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Broken hearts. They’re a fact of life. But is there a way to prepare your heart for the inevitable bruises? Check out this week’s blog for a closer look at God’s take on the grief and struggle we all face.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
All of us will experience grief in some way in our lifetimes, but grief is a special phenomena in that we will all walk through it in our own unique way. Kristin Brown, vice president of communications for the Institute for Faith, Work and Economics, shares her raw and real journey through grief and why she has come to liken grief to an empty canvas. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Bedros Keuilian writes on Entrepreneur with five areas of your life you should prioritize over the pursuit of wealth.
Dr. Art Lindsley with the Institute for Faith, Work and Economics shares three guidelines that can help you set reliable expectations about relationships at work (and in life).
Leah MarieAnn Klett with The Christian Post talks to In-N-Out Burger owner Lynsi Snyder about spiritual warfare and her tumultuous life journey to faith.
4word Board member Pat Asp recently appeared on the Unleashing Your Leadership podcast with Guy Rodgers, where she answered the question, “Can Christian leaders successfully lead in a diverse marketplace?”
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Colorado Springs – Movie and Book Night – October 11 @ 7:00PM
- Milwaukee – Metro Milwaukee October Gathering – October 12 @ 9:30AM
- Philadelphia – Chester County Gathering – October 14 @ 6:00PM
- Bay Area – San Francisco Gathering – October 15 @ 6:00PM
- New York – October Gathering – October 15 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – October Luncheon – October 15 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – October 16 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – October Monthly Study – October 16 @ 6:00PM
- Detroit – October Gathering – October 16 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – October 16 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Gathering – October 17 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – October Luncheon – October 17 @ noon
- Twin Cities – October Lunch Meeting – October 17 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago – Willow Creek ONE YEAR SERIES – Work Love Pray | A Gathering for Professional Women – October 19 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – Giving Back to our Community – The Mosaic Family Center Experience – October 19 @ 9:00AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – October 19 @ 10:00AM
- Southlake – Coffee & Yoga Pant Meetup – October 19 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – October 20 @ 6:00PM
- Springfield – October Gathering – October 22 @ 11:30AM
- Colorado Springs – Quarterly Gathering – October 24 @ 6:30PM
- Phoenix – October Happy Hour – October 24 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – October Luncheon – October 25 @ noon
- Saratoga Springs – October Gathering – October 26 @ 9:30AM
- Philadelphia – Recipe for a Remarkable Culture – October 29 @ 11:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.