Your weekly roundup :: October 28 – November 1
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Knowing how to help a grieving friend is tough. 4word: San Antonio leader Christi Griggs, who lost her dad not long ago, shares five ways to comfort people who are grieving.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
All of us will experience grief in some way in our lifetimes, but grief is a special phenomena in that we will all walk through it in our own unique way. Kristin Brown, vice president of communications for the Institute for Faith, Work and Economics, shares her raw and real journey through grief and why she has come to liken grief to an empty canvas. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Hira Ali writes on Forbes with a list of things companies can do to make their workplace enticing and supportive to women.
Shanna A. Hocking with Career Contessa lists six things she would put in practice if she could turn back the clock.
Sharon Hodde Miller writes on Christianity Today about how we can evangelize with integrity and what the Parable of the Sower frees us from.
Molly Fletcher interviewed Cal Newport, who shared a 3-step process to declutter your digital life that thousands of people have used to simplify their lives. Listen to the podcast to learn how to make technology work for you— not the other way around.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Chicago – Willow Creek ONE YEAR SERIES – Work Love Pray | A Gathering for Professional Women – November 2 @ 9:00AM
- San Antonio – Happy Hour – November 5 @ 4:30AM
- San Diego – La Jolla November Gathering – November 5 @ 6:30PM
- Nashville – November Gathering – November 7 @ 6:00PM
- Seattle – November Gathering – November 7 @ 6:30PM
- Colorado Springs – November Happy Hour – November 8 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Central J2S November – November 8 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Houston Gives Back charity event – November 8 @ noon
- Milwaukee – Metro Milwaukee Gathering – November 9 @ 9:30AM
- Austin – North Meet Up Monday – November 11 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – South Meet Up Monday – November 11 @ 5:30PM
- Baltimore – November Gathering – November 11 @ 6:30PM
- Philadelphia – Chester County Meet Up – November 11 @ 6:00PM
- Twin Cities – Feed My Starving Children volunteer event – November 11 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – November Power Breakfast – November 12 @ 7:00AM
- Colorado Springs – Lady Boss Breakfast – November 12 @ 8:00AM
- Southlake – November Lunch – November 12 @ noon
- Austin – Lago Vista/North Shore Gathering – November 13 @ 8:00AM
- Dallas – Monthly Study – November 13 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – True J2S – November 15 @ 6:30PM
- Chicago – Willow Creek ONE YEAR SERIES – Work Love Pray | A Gathering for Professional Women – November 16 @ 9:00AM
- Oklahoma City – Boss Lady Breakfast – November 16 @ 10:00AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – November 16 @ 10:00AM
- Southlake – Coffee & Yoga Pant Meetup – November 16 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – November 17 @ 6:00PM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley Gathering – November 19 @ TBD
- New York – November Gathering – November 19 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – November Luncheon – November 19 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – November 20 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – November Gathering – November 20 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – November 20 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Gathering – November 21 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – November Luncheon – November 21 @ noon
- Saratoga Springs – November Gathering – November 23 @ 9:30AM
- Springfield – November Gathering – November 26 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago – November Luncheon – November 29 @ noon
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.