Your weekly roundup :: November 18 – 22
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Wanting everything we don’t have — that’s easy. Sometimes seeing what we already have takes a little more work. This week on the blog, we talked with 4word Founder and President Diane Paddison about ways to quit the scarcity mindset and cultivate gratefulness.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
If you were asked to define “scarcity mindset,” what would you say? Is it something you think you struggle with? Is it a bad thing? S. Renee Smith, advisor, coach, and strategic partner, joins the podcast to discuss why the scarcity mindset is prevalent and what type of mindset we should all focus on having. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
4word’s 2020 Intern Program!
4word is looking for a few interns to fill a part-time position throughout Spring and Summer of 2020. This internship opportunity is ideal for female, college or graduate students and/or women looking for ministry/nonprofit experience who would like the opportunity to connect with other women of faith.
To receive additional information about this intern program, send a quick email to email@example.com to show your interest. If this sounds like an opportunity that’s right for you or know of someone that would be perfect for this program, please share this with them! Application deadline is December 31.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Kathy Miller Perkins writes on Forbes with her deep-dive into what makes today’s entrepreneurs tick.
Debra Fileta with True Love Dates lists fifteen things you need to be on the lookout for if you think your relationship might not be as healthy as you’d like.
John Kyle with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics discusses what Paul really meant in 1 Corinthians when he wrote that “love does not delight in evil.”
This week’s episode featured Dr. Marlene Bizub.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Saratoga Springs – November Gathering – November 23 @ 9:30AM
- Springfield – November Gathering – November 26 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago – November Luncheon – November 29 @ noon
- Austin – Annual Christmas Open House – December 2 @ 5:00PM
- Houston – Holiday Social & Shopping – December 2 @ 6:00PM
- Twin Cities – “Feed My Starving Children” Volunteer Event – December 3 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Christmas Social – December 5 @ 5:30PM
- Phoenix – Christmas Gathering – December 5 @ 6:00PM
- Seattle – December Gathering – December 5 @ 6:30PM
- Southlake – December Holiday Event – December 5 @ TBD
- Dallas – Jingle All The Way – December 8 @ 4:30PM
- Philadelphia – Chester County Gathering – December 9 @ 6:00PM
- Colorado Springs – December Lady Boss Breakfast – December 10 @ 8:00AM
- Dallas – Monthly Study – December 11 @ 6:00PM
- Southlake – Holiday Party – December 12 @ TBD
- Nashville – Christmas Gathering – December 13 @ 6:00PM
- Oklahoma City – Holiday Gathering – December 13 @ 6:00PM
- Milwaukee – December Gathering – December 14 @ 9:30AM
- Twin Cities – Stillwater Holiday Outing – December 14 @ noon
- Washington DC Metro – Winter Gathering – December 15 @ 1:00PM
- Baltimore – Ugly Christmas Sweater Party – December 16 @ 6:30PM
- New York City – December Gathering – December 17 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – December Luncheon – December 17 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – December 18 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – December Gathering – December 18 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – December 18 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Gathering – December 19 @ 5:30PM
- Colorado Springs – December Happy Hour – December 19 @ 6:00PM
- Portland – December Luncheon – December 19 @ noon
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – December 21 @ 10:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.